Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Installed new OS - now doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I just finished installing windows 10 as well as a new hard drive for my computer. Now when I try to run the program, it gives me an error message saying: 

[2017-08-07T21:48:24] INFO: starting new process

synergys.exe: unrecognized option `H'

Try `synergys.exe --help' for more information.

[2017-08-07T21:48:25] ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped

[2017-08-07T21:48:25] INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1

Could you guys help me solve this problem? Thanks :))

6 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Uninstall it and re-install.

I have already tried this at least 10 times. I also tried to do a clean installation (wipe out any pre-existing Synergy files, folder from my computer) but still does not work.

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

3 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Windows 10 Home (desktop/server), Windows 10 Pro (laptop/client), 64bit on both machines, Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 on both machines, Desktop (server) is connected through ethernet while laptop (client) is usually connected through WiFi.

Here are the screenshots:

Thanks!

Paul Suarez

Hey @Minh T.. I think that could be due to a space on your server's screen name. Remove the space or replace it with a dash, or a hyphen or anything and let me know how it goes after doing that.;)