Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win 7 64bit computers no longer connect

workinstiff

I'm using the latest beta ver. TheĀ  install worked fine for a couple of days. Yesterday I started my PCs, and Synergy showed the monitor icon for it's own PC, but not the one it's trying to connect to. I have a Synergy shortcut in each PC's startup folder, so Synergy starts automatically. Is there a specificĀ order I should be using to shut down my PCs? I will uninstall and reinstall Synergy

later today, and let you know what happens.

workinstiff

It's the second beta version issued. I removed the Synergy shortcuts from my startup folders on each computer and started it manually- it worked fine.

This beta ver. did load at startup with no problems a couple of days ago. Is there a procedure that needs to be followed to shut down PCs with Synergy running?

Paul Suarez

Actually, beta3 is already out. So beta2 would not really work now. Please update it to the latest version and try it again.

workinstiff

Morning Paul,

Beta 3 seems to have done the trick. I've loaded a shortcut into my startup folders, and Synergy automatically starts.

Great job guys, this software rocks. I do digital audio recording and mixing, and I no longer have to endlessly hit keys to get where I'm going.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
17 hours ago, workinstiff said:

I've loaded a shortcut into my startup folders, and Synergy automatically starts.

We're working on making auto-start an actual feature. Stay tuned for beta4 (due in 2 weeks).