Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

keyboard not function on iMac with Target Display Mode

Use Synergy on iMac as server, MacBook Pro as client; iMac in Target Display Mode (F2):

1. Activate server and client
  2. Put iMac in Target Display Mode: Command+F2 on iMac shared keyboard
  3. Move the shared mouse on the MacBookPro screen

At this point the mouse will move from iMac screen (target display mode) to MBP screen, but the keyboard will not get focus.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Any solution here?  I have the same problem. Keyboard sharing works great between my IMac and Macbook but when I enter target display mode (cmd f2) the keyboard is no longer shared.

Maren

• 5 weeks later...
Celluloidbacon

I recently purchased your program, and was hoping the update would address this crucial issue being able to utilise an iMac as second display in target display mode with my MacBook?  Is this possible?  If the mouse and trackpad on the iMac works, why not the keyboard?

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Just wondering if this has been resolved?

I have a similar issue: Server iMac, client Macbook air. Mouse and Keyboard acceptably working when screens are separated. When entering on target display mode, using the iMac as secondary screen for Macbook air, keyboard stop working properly (only works on pressing "a" key).

Thanks, 
Nico

• 1 month later...

Just recently got the pro package and have the same issue.  Only key "a" is working.  When I connected with support team, they said it is a  known issue and have them under the issue tracker for fixes, no estimate at this time.

Anyone had a work around for this issue and make it work, would like to get your input.

• 2 weeks later...
Kelvin Tran

Sorry, I may not be fully grasping how Target Display mode works.

When Target Display mode is on, the iMac's internal components and OS aren't on/booted up, correct? If so, then I'm confused as to why you need Synergy to work - you should be able to use the built-in features for going between displays, as the iMac's essentially treated as an external display - it'd be like using a second monitor. So I'm confused if you only have a Macbook Air as to why you need Synergy in that environment.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...