Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ver 1.73 SSL issues - PC to Mac

Ron Hixson
I'm running a Win 7 server & a Mac 10.10.4 beta client. After updating to V 1.73, I could not connect to the client without disabling SSL encryption on the server. I have a hard wired ethernet connection between the comps, so I'm not concerned about WiFi transmissions, but I would like to re-establish the SSL connection. On the Mac side, there doesn't appear to be a way to set a password or certificate. I have done a clean re-install on the server and client. Any help is appreciated.
Greg Richardson
I am using a Mac with OS 10.6.8 and Win 7. Same thing happened here. SSL was active... I turned it off in the settings... Viola!! Thanks for the advice!!
Monica Barkman
Where do you turn off SSL? I am trying to share a keyboard between Ubuntu 14.04, MacOSX Yosemite and Win8. Thanks
Monica Barkman
Scratch last question. I found it under Edit > Settings on Ubuntu, under Synergy > Preferences on the Mac and Edit > Settings on Win 8 (just in case anyone else doesn't know where to look)
Ben Koenig
Another thought on this. After upgraded Synergy you always need to Re-run the Registration Wizard in File -> Run Wizard. This re-downloads the files used for SSL. These files are [b]not[/b] installed with the installer exe or dmg. Running the Wizard after upgrade solves a lot of annoying errors. :D
John Leathers
I've spent several hours scouring these forums to find a simply step by step guide without success. I have an iMac that I want to use as a client, and a Windows 8.1 I'd like to setup as the server. Can anyone point me to directions? All I see in the forums are particular questions about particular situations, no actual guide or instructions.