Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win 10 connects fine, Server 2016 fails to connect

Log link from the Windows 10 machine:

[ UI ] [2017-08-14T10:01:05] INFO: Upload path: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-08-14/1355-2017-08-14T10-01-03.log

Log link from the Server 2016 machine:

[ UI ] [2017-08-14T10:03:11] INFO: Upload path: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-08-14/1355-2017-08-14T10-03-08.log

Edited by HiltonT
Adding second log file
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

On the Server 2016 machine, we're seeing:

[ UI ] [2017-08-14T10:03:07] DEBUG: can not find any successful connectivity result for the server screen: 2833

Windows 10: 10.255.18.1
Server 2016: 10.255.17.1

Did I get those IPs the right way round? If so, can you ping the Windows 10 computer (10.255.18.1) from the Server 2016 computer?

G'day Nick,

Both can ping each other without issue.  These are on a /21 network.  All other network connectivity is working fine - SMB, pings, UDP communication - all of it. :) The only issue is with Synergy on the server trying to connect to your server (it seems) and both machines seeing the Server in Synergy - the Server box sees the NUC box in Synergy, but neither box can see the Server box.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

The initial connectivity test actually runs on a different port (annoyingly). Do you think it could be a firewall issue?

It shouldn't be a firewall issue if Synergy installed properly and opened the relevant ports required as part of the installation - which, according to Advanced Firewall, it has done on both ends.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

In some scenarios, we think the installer only opens the port on some machines for the core process (24800). The connectivity test runs on 24801 (right @Andrew Nelless?) so the initial test could fail. This shouldn't happen, but anything is possible.

Have you tried disabling your firewall temporarily?

OK, I didn't disable the firewall (on either box) and started the desktop up this morning like normal and for the first time, it all just worked.  The server hasn't been rebooted in days...

• Like 1

No change.  Not surprised either seing - as I have said before - the Server 2016 box cannot even see itself and it is erroring every 3 seconds. :(

Is there a better form of support - this one question per day and get nowhere method is pretty terrible.  Do you have any online info on Version 2 that I can read - right now all it is doing is frustrating the fsck out of me. :(