Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How do I change which IP address used in Server

john Schuster
When I start the server on my Windows system, Syngery picks the wrong IP address. I have a system with 2 NIC cards and various VM's and there are multiple IP addresses. How do I tell Synergy to use a specific IP address??
Yuya Fujiwara
If you want to choose one of IP addresses of the "server", followings should be a solution. (1) Server find Settings->Miscellaneous-> [b]Interface[/b] and put the IP address that you want to use as a server. (2) Client uncheck auto config and input the IP address of the server. I never try to use VMs as a client or a server of Synergy. So I'm not sure about my answer. I hope it will work out.
john Schuster
Yuya Thank you! That worked like a charm. I still see a incorrect address highlighted in the server panel but the server is working. I've 4 systems in a loop, 2 Windows and Mac and a Ubuntu system. Very nice I owe you a beer ;-)
Thank you for the simple solution! I saw the "Interface" field in the Settings dialog, but couldn't find this feature documented? It would be nice to enter the [b]named [/b] Interface for the server to use. For example, specify "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM" and bind the assigned IP address from that interface. Easy enough to workaround with a Static IP. I can confirm that it was necessary to uncheck "Auto config" on the client. Otherwise, it was consistently trying to connect to the wrong [b]bold IP[/b] on the server. Is this list configurable in some way? Is the GUI running synergys.exe in the background? There are many command-line arguments seen with --help, but I wasn't sure how to implement this cleanly on Windows?
  • 2 weeks later...
Yuya Fujiwara
Dear tomicjr, I'm using synergy version 1.7.3, for OSX 10.9 and fedora (20). [quote="tomicjr"] I saw the "Interface" field in the Settings dialog, but couldn't find this feature documented?[/quote] Ah, Yes, me too. Once I had used a very old version of synergy, v1.3 by chance. It required to fill "interface" box with server IP. [quote="tomicjr"]It would be nice to enter the [b]named [/b] Interface for the server to use. For example, specify "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM" and bind the assigned IP address from that interface. Easy enough to workaround with a Static IP.[/quote] Yes, I agree with you. [quote="tomicjr"]I can confirm that it was necessary to uncheck "Auto config" on the client. Otherwise, it was consistently trying to connect to the wrong [b]bold IP[/b] on the server. Is this list configurable in some way?[/quote] I couldn't refresh IP list. [quote="tomicjr"]Is the GUI running synergys.exe in the background? There are many command-line arguments seen with --help, but I wasn't sure how to implement this cleanly on Windows?[/quote] Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with details of Windows. I'd prefer you to post this question as an new topic.