Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard not working on Windows clients using Mac as server--just started happening.

Using the latest build of synergy for both macOS and Windows 10, I can only get my Macbook cursor movements to send to the Windows client, but my Macbook keyboard doesn't send anything to the windows machine with the exception of the command key. When I press the command key, the windows start menu opens. But any other command related shortcut (Command+V for example) will paste text on the Macbook even when my mouse cursor is controlling the Windows machine.

Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2017: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Windows 10 Home

Both using Synergy 1.8.8

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siva

• ChrisC_1000

• Danny Parker

• Tony Trinh

• 3 months later...

Hey Nick, 

I'm experiencing the exact same issue (inc only command key working), did you find a fix for this?

Synergy 2.0.4 Stable

Mac OS Seirra 10.12.6 ,  MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bold Derek

Hi all I am having the same issue.  Is there a work around for this?  High Sierra 10.3.3 and Windows 10 (latest). Mouse works but Keyboard is a no go.  

RandomUser363

User support was zero help for me. Just told me to upgrade my version which is not the problem. Issue is coming because of permissions to the application.

I found a work around by doing the following in the terminal of the Mac server system:

sudo open -a Synergy

Sometimes the keys get messed up and won't go the the windows client again, just close it out and re-issue the command in the terminal. So far this has worked for me.

Tony Trinh

I have the same issue. I solved this problem by changing Keyboard Preference "Use F1,F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" and it worked. However, It is not working after a bug that make my mouse curser unable to move from the centre of the monitor. I restarted the program on both PC and Mac, and my solution is not working since then ( the mouse is still working fine and only Command key is working ). My synergy version is 1.8 and I believe the its not the solution since JeffreyC still has the same problem. Thanks

BenjaRiley
23 minutes ago, JeffreyC said:

While not the preferred solution; I gave up and purchased Logitech Flow keyboard+mouse.

The funny part it was working great last week. I will remove the software and reinstall and see if anything changes. I didn't try mac to mac, the issue I'm experiencing is mac to pc.

Tony Trinh
9 hours ago, BenjaRiley said:

Looks like it is working again. Keyboard is working just fine today. Not sure what happened. 

What did you do ? Reinstall Synergy? Update Windows? I reinstall it today but no hope :((

• 1 year later...
thinkski

I had this same issue. Mac OS X 10.14 server. Windows 10 client. Both running version 1.10.2. Resolved the issue by unchecking the Synergy box in the Accessibility menu within Security & Privacy within System Preferences, rebooting, and then re-checking the box.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
Daniel Ralph

thinkski's solution worked briefly for me. But after only a few minutes of use, the keyboard stopped going through to the client from the host. Mouse continues to work normally.

(Mac -> Mac, both running 1.10.3-stable-ca35737a, happily connected with TLSv1.3 over a reliable connection.)

• 7 months later...
GeoffreyK

I'm having the exact same problem.  Yes I have followed the instruction for fresh re-install on both server and client.  Server side is iMac running 10.13.16 and client side is Mac Mini running 10.15.5.  Don't ask me why I am running different versions of OS X.  I read through all the posts about SecureInput stuff and some apps intercepting keystrokes etc.  And I thought going with "Pro" with TLS encryption might help assuming the encryption will hide the messages etc.  Silly me.  It didn't help at all.  I just wasted $9.  _shrug_

I'm running:

Version:  1.11.1-stable-55ec3105

Build Date: Mar 19, 2020

Any advice?  Or should I go with another solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, I try to use this several time over the past two years since bough. Never done a cent of actual work. Paid like $29 for this, useless. Should have donated them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This same problem popped up for me today - the mouse worked on the client, but the keyboard did not.  Stopping/starting both server and client did not fix anything, but re-activating the server did.  I clicked File > Activate from the toolbar and then OK without changing my serial key.  My keyboard once again worked on my client.

This problem may be due to the recent upgrade to 1.10.3-stable-ca35737a, which has a build date of 5 days ago.  I was out for the past 4 days and would not have noticed the problem until this morning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue here, worked alright for a few minutes on initial startup then the keyboard stopped working save the CMD/WIN key which still pulls up the start menu when the mouse is on the windows machine.

Mac version (server): 1.12.0-stable-cb8064e8

Windows version (client): 1.12.0-stable-cb8064e8

Just got this problem. Was working fine yesterday but suddenly stopped working today. 

Mac version (server): 1.12.0-stable-cb8064e8

Windows version (client): 1.12.0-stable-cb8064e8

Edited by 55angels
sandstheman

Just to chip in - same problem for me too, was working fine and then a couple days ago keyboard stopped working again. - Tried the latest versions of both Synergy 1 and Synergy 2, currently running Synergy 2 v2.0.12 (beta) on 2 macbooks and windows, one of the macbooks is the server

• Thanks 1