Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy connecting, but not working

Kyle Alexander

I have 64 bit Windows 10 Connected with Ethernet and MacBook Pro MacOS 10.12.6 Connected with Wifi. Both are on Synergy 2.0.0-beta3. I see the other computer on both sides, and I can move the computers around in Synergy and it will show as moved on the other computer. The Windows 10 PC is green on both, and the MacBook Pro is shown as grey with a green loading bar on both. Since moving the computers is reflected on the other instance of synergy, they are obviously connected, but I can't figure out why they wont work. I tried putting the Windows 10 PC on Wifi and connecting to the same network that the MacBook Pro is connected to, but it still didn't work. I was going to attempt to mess with the synergy settings but was a bit confused when there was no settings to mess with, so I don't know what to do about this.

Capture2.PNG

• 1 month later...

Same thing for me, with the only difference being the loading bar disappears on mine. It does absolutely nothing. What are we supposed to test, if there's nothing to test? No settings, no "Server" button, nothing.

synergybrah

I am having the same exact issue with the same exact setup. BUT, when I set my Macbook Pro as the server (press ` and then F12), I can move the mouse across to my Windows 10 Desktop. HOWEVER, when I set my Windows 10 Desktop, I cannot move the mouse to my Macbook Pro at all... 

• Like 1

Same issue between 2 iMacs.  They appear to connect, since the screen names are shown on both systems, but on one system the debug says the connectivity tester has failed.  Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas how to fix it?

4 hours ago, synergybrah said:

I am having the same exact issue with the same exact setup. BUT, when I set my Macbook Pro as the server (press ` and then F12), I can move the mouse across to my Windows 10 Desktop. HOWEVER, when I set my Windows 10 Desktop, I cannot move the mouse to my Macbook Pro at all... 

I tried that, and it happens to me too. MacBook can act as a server, while PC cannot.

Peter, thx for the hint. I ended up with both systems (Win10 & MBA) running as Servers, too. just killed the process synergyS (for server mode) on my macbook and waited for a few seconds until the systems came back to sync and TADAAAAAA windows 10 system is running as host, mac as client! Going to connect my hackintosh now..

Have a nice evening.

hackintosh feedback: after installation i had to restart the daemon (synergyd) on the new system and hit F12 on windows host to get it running.

Up and running:
SIERRA MBA (Client) <---> WIN 10 (Host) <---> HACKINTOSH (Client)

same problem, this is so frustrating. I have followed the trouble shooting guide and does not help.

I have to borrow a set of keyboard and mouse to have my work done. 

castironface

I had to delete the Synergy folder from my Library folder on the Mac. In Finder select Go>>Go to Folder and type in ~/Library, delete the Synergy folder in there, and restart Synergy.

Edited by castironface
15 hours ago, patrik said:

I don't know if it was "part of the solution" but while debugging i added the other executables to my windows firewall settings.
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergys.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergyd.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergyc.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergy2.exe

This approach worked for me - I was having issues connecting Mac OS X <--> Windows 7. After a number of reboots and service restarts on both ends, I ended up with two green screens on both Synergy windows, but no connectivity. Added those 4 executable to Firewall policy, and it's working now.

15 minutes ago, MiB said:

Same problem with Mac <-> Windows 7 (Yes it is old!). Tried to solve it within 20 Minutes. - Giving up now. I've got no time for this nonsense. Sorry.

I agree. I can waste my time and money better in the pub...I have installed Synergy 1 again!

3 hours ago, castironface said:

I had to delete the Synergy folder from my Library folder on the Mac. In Finder select Go>>Go to Folder and type in ~/Library, delete the Synergy folder in there, and restart Synergy.

This didn't work for me.

16 hours ago, patrik said:

I don't know if it was "part of the solution" but while debugging i added the other executables to my windows firewall settings.
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergys.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergyd.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergyc.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Synergy\synergy2.exe

Nor did this.
Still cannot make Windows 10 act as a server.

Any solutions?

A restart from the Windows side made it work, for now.

6 minutes ago, Asterion said:

This didn't work for me.

Nor did this.
Still cannot make Windows 10 act as a server.

Any solutions?

Stuart Hamilton

+1 Adding all of the EXE's in the Synergy folder in Windows to Firewall Exclusions on both Client & Server PC's got this working for me.

Windows 10 (x64) all around.