Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to do a Clean Synergy Uninstall in Windows 10?

I decided to try out Synergy, but immediately ran into problems with the client wifi laptop connecting to the ethernet-hardwired desktop server. Instead of trying to wrestle with the different settings that I've experimented with, I'd rather do a clean re-installation. I've tried uninstalling it using the regular Windows uninstaller and IObit Uninstaller, but when I reinstall the settings are still there, even after I thought I cleared out all of the files. When I reinstall, the Synergy window opens with all of my old settings and screen names still there and I don't have to re-input my serial key. I want to do a completely clean uninstallation and reinstallation.

Note that I am using Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

For the devs: Even though I was excited to try out this software, I am weary of trying to fix the program in my standard Windows 10 environment over a typical home network. This setup is causing way more trouble than it's worth. While I'm not a computer wizard, it seems like I have to do too much setup just to share a cursor between my desktop and laptop. Perhaps there should be a dedicated uninstallation tool or some sort of total application reset. The Repair and Remove options in the Setup file don't seem to be doing the trick in resetting, removing, or overwriting all of the appropriate files so a clean uninstallation and reinstallation can be accomplished.

• 2 weeks later...