Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy-paste not working Client -> Server

Tyler Pederson
What version of Synergy? 1.7.3 Pro What OS is the Server? Windows 7 SP1 x64 What OS is the Client? Fedora F21 x64 Any debugging messages? I created and attached Debug2 level logs, they were large enough to require me to zip all four. I'm unable to copy/paste from the client (Fedora F21) to the server (Windows 7 SP1). I'm also experiencing random crashes which seem to be related. I was getting Corrupted Clipboard errors which corresponded with the client crashing, but I can't reproduce that right now. As of now, I've done these troubleshooting steps: Server (Windows 7 SP1): [list] [*]stopped the synergy service[/*:m] [*]uninstalled synergy[/*:m] [*]deleted the local appdata synergy directory[/*:m] [*]reinstalled synergy 1.7.3[/*:m] [*]ran the wizard[/*:m][/list:u] Client (Fedora F21) [list] [*]killed all synergy and synergyc processes[/*:m] [*]ran rpm -e to uninstall synergy[/*:m] [*]renamed the ~/.synergy directory[/*:m] [*]removed my synergy.conf[/*:m] [*]reinstalled synergy 1.7.3 via RPM[/*:m] [*]ran the wizard[/*:m][/list:u] Edited by Guest
Joseph Stewart
I also have been unable to copy from client to server. Here are my details: Synergy 1.7.3 Pro running on client (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64) and server (Windows 7 64). I've tried this both with and without SSL enabled, but the results are the same. Server to client copy works. Also, the client on Ubuntu 12.04 dies randomly. Help... I'm losing faith quickly.
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue with my Mac 10.10.3 running Synergy 1.7.3 (Server), and Ubuntu 14.04 (client) also Synergy 1.7.3. I'm really frustrated that isn't not working :( It was working well before 1.7.3. I hope it's addressed soon.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello Tyler, Joseph, and tme999, It would be helpful to get some more details about the clipboard issues. Tyler has been the most descriptive, but still there is quite a bit of info we could get which would reveal more about the problems. Some issues have a simple work-around, others have been fixed already in the latest nightly version, still others might be solved for the 1.7.4 version. I don't know enough about your issues to have much insight, be here are some workarounds that often work: - turning off clipboard manager programs such as Glipper/Glippy/Klipper) - copy/pasting first into a plain-text app on same system, then copying that content to paste into other system - disabling SSL - after copying, moving mouse to destination system then back to origin system then to destination system again before paste - if a system is in elevated mode, running not-elevated (or vice-versa) I hope you will let us know the answers to these questions: - exact behavior when something crashes/doesn't work - does Synergy continue working otherwise? - minimum steps to make Synergy work again if it closes/crashes/stops - Synbergy log content for each system involved, with logging level set to at least Debug - SSL enabled? - Synergy in "elevated" mode? - size of content copied (exact size in bytes, if possible) - where copied (application, OS, is it a Synergy server or client)? - where pasted? - problem occurs one-way, or both-ways? - if successful in copy-pasting opposite way, does copy-paste the original way then work? - intermittent? - copying plain-text? - are any non-English characters involved? - are any clipboard managers such as Glipper, Glippy, or Klipper running?