Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy on Client Mac Lagging

8 minutes ago, OliverB said:

I am using Synergy 2.0.7 and I have the same issue.  Randomly, the mouse on my Mac Book Pro High Sierra 10.13.3 client lags. I move the mouse and it's "sticky" for a second and then it starts to move.

It only seems to behave like that after leaving the mouse in a position for a certain time and it does it randomly. If I keep moving the mouse it moves almost smoothly.

It's pretty annoying, please come with a fix.

It seems that they are aware of this issue and this is more of a Macbook Pro/ MacOS issue

https://symless.com/help/mac-wifi-lag?utm_content=bufferac92a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Bolton

• deegee

• vikemosabe

• JD5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have also had nothing but lag when I try to use the mouse from my Win10 PC on my MacBook pro.  Has anyone gotten an answer about this other than "Install the latest version"?  Cause I literaly just

AirDrop was the culprit for me. I noticed it got really bad when I opened my phone to send a photo to someone. Disabled AirDrop from Finder on the Mac side got rid of the repeating stickiness. 

@joebob disabling AirDrop worked for me. I noticed that hardwiring into my network worked very well, but that also disables airdrop (if wifi is off).  Disabling AirDrop is my suggestion for anyone

Roberto Ribeiro

Hi, 

I have this issue and possibly a new detail on this matter. I noticed that while I'm streaming from some websites (either in background or foreground), synergy works smooooothely as butter! If I stop the streaming, laggy-jumpy mouse immediately returns. Weirdly, it does not work with sites like youtube. For me this happens with e.g. https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/rtp1

Note that this means that what is stated here https://symless.com/synergy/help/mac-wifi-lag, is not the only cause for laggy mouse. 

Thank you and I hope this helps in anyway. 

RR

• 2 months later...
On 06/07/2018 at 6:22 PM, Roberto Ribeiro said:

Hi, 

I have this issue and possibly a new detail on this matter. I noticed that while I'm streaming from some websites (either in background or foreground), synergy works smooooothely as butter! If I stop the streaming, laggy-jumpy mouse immediately returns. Weirdly, it does not work with sites like youtube. For me this happens with e.g. https://www.rtp.pt/play/direto/rtp1

Note that this means that what is stated here https://symless.com/synergy/help/mac-wifi-lag, is not the only cause for laggy mouse. 

Thank you and I hope this helps in anyway. 

RR

can confirm that while this video streams the lag goes away.

• 1 month later...

Just updated to 2.012 Beta trying to resolve other problems, shocked to see that this lag issues still exists.  I just came back to Synergy after a move and unfortunately the state of the application is such that I likely would not have purchased if i was just trying this out.  Used to work wonderfully.

1.  Using on Windows 10 / 64.  Works fine on client machine.

2.  Mac refuses to connect or wake once it goes to sleep. 

3.  Lag issue as described here is constant for mouse and keyboard.  Application pretty much unusable as it takes more time to make it work than is worth.

Edited by Texaszman

I am also having this issue on a MacBook Pro (Mojave) / MacBook Pro (High Sierra) where the lag is constant.  Oddly enough if I do Linux -> MacBook Pro I don't have this issue.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
10 hours ago, zzymyn said:

Had had lag with mac client and windows server. I fixed the lag by disabling TLS, which ironically was the reason I paid for pro -_-.

Sorry about that, this is a known issue that we're planning to fix. Would you like a refund? Please let us know if so.

2 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry about that, this is a known issue that we're planning to fix. Would you like a refund? Please let us know if so.

It’s all good I’ll just re-enable it when it’s fixed. 

• 1 month later...

I'm running in the same issue on Air 2013, so that's not only a Pro thing. Win 10 as a server, OSX El Capitan connected. PC running on ethernet, osx on wifi. Sometmes it works for days, and then just breaks and the next 2-3 days it's jerky. Then goes away again. Switched my Mac to ethernet and will check if that fixes the problem. Unfortunately I need it on wifi every now and then for debugging mobile devices.

• 3 months later...

Server: Windows 10.1809, Client: macOS 10.14.4 (Mojave).

mouse lags on mac.  At some point I was able to restart some service or reboot mac to get it to work smoothly for a while, but no longer works.  Please fix.

• 3 months later...

Server: Ubuntu 19.04

Client, macOS 10.13.6

Mouse lags *horrifically* on the mac. I have an Ubuntu 19.04 client in the setup too and it works better, with occasional lag, but the mac situation is dire. This desperately needs a fix. What can I do to help? If you don't have plans to fix this can you please let me know how I can arrange a refund and who your competitors are so I can find a workable solution?

Tx!!

Actually, there's an update. It looks like the lag on the Ubuntu client is pretty bad too. I don't remember this product being so challenging to use the last time I tried it (a couple of years ago) are there regressions?

• 7 months later...

Just checking in to say that I'm having this issue. I bought Synergy specifically to let me use a Windows + Mac setup, and it's really more frustrating than helpful, unfortunately. Has a solution to this ever been found or released?

I just purchased Synergy Pro version today, March 30, 2020, hoping to link 2 iMac computers sitting side-by-side on my desk. One iMac is brand new with OS Catalina 1.15.4, and the other is much older with El Capitan 10.11.6 (and it cannot be upgraded to Catalina).  Synergy installed on my new iMac but would not install on the older iMac. It would return an error message saying, "no mountable file systems".  While searching for a solution on the Synergy web site, I learned that a much newer 2.x version was available, yet I had received an older version. Had I received the newest version, might that one have installed properly on the older iMac?  This is frustrating, indeed!

Following up on my post above, I got a very timely email back from support stating that they were aware of this issue and do intend to fix it in the future. However, given how long they've been saying that on this thread I'm not holding my breath.

It's incredibly frustrating, since the ONLY reason I chose Synergy over something else was because they say they support connecting Windows machines to Mac. Competitors don't make that claim. As it turns out, Synergy doesn't really support it either. Anyone wanting the product for that purpose should be aware of the realities.

Thanks for your reply, deegee.  I forgot to mention that the Synergy file I was provided for downloading was version 1.11.1.  I hope to get a reply from Synergy sometime soon. Perhaps they can at least correct my account so that I can download the latest 2.x version.

• 1 month later...
vikemosabe

I'm having this same issue as well.

I used to use Synergy back in the early days and it was awesome.
It's still nice, but not when using it on a Mac, which is a necessity for me.

Asking for a refund, am disappointed.

Knowing about this issue for multiple years, saying you were going to fix it, and continuing to market your product as doing the thing you KNOW it doesn't do will definitely disappoint some customers. I wish they'd just fix it.

Edited by deegee

WORKAROUND

For anyone coming across this thread that, like me, just really, really needed a way to use this product on Windows + Mac setup, here's a workaround I found.

Grab a USB ethernet adapter and a cable. I went with these two:

Adapter: Amazon

Cable: Amazon

Since I've been using wired connections on both machines Synergy seems to be working as I'd hoped.

Edited by deegee
vikemosabe
1 hour ago, deegee said:

WORKAROUND

For anyone coming across this thread that, like me, just really, really needed a way to use this product on Windows + Mac setup, here's a workaround I found.

Grab a USB ethernet adapter and a cable. I went with these two:

Adapter: Amazon

Cable: Amazon

Since I've been using wired connections on both machines Synergy seems to be working as I'd hoped.

That's good to know, thanks.
I actually ended up going to version 1.9rc3 and it's been working for me.
But I might do the wired thing so that I can get updates.

Tyrilean

I've been using Synergy for quite some time with no issue. I've got a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch and a Dell G5 15. They both are running over wifi, and for quite some time, I've been running the MacBook as a server, and the Dell as client. This has worked perfectly.

Yesterday, I went to reorganize my cable management, and moved the peripherals over to the Dell (much more efficient since the MacBook is pure Thunderbolt connections), and swapped them out. Now the Dell is the server, and the MacBook is the client, and I'm getting constant lag.

I haven't changed versions of Synergy, or the position of the laptops. This is clearly a Windows->Mac problem.

vikemosabe
59 minutes ago, Tyrilean said:

I've been using Synergy for quite some time with no issue. I've got a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch and a Dell G5 15. They both are running over wifi, and for quite some time, I've been running the MacBook as a server, and the Dell as client. This has worked perfectly.

Yesterday, I went to reorganize my cable management, and moved the peripherals over to the Dell (much more efficient since the MacBook is pure Thunderbolt connections), and swapped them out. Now the Dell is the server, and the MacBook is the client, and I'm getting constant lag.

I haven't changed versions of Synergy, or the position of the laptops. This is clearly a Windows->Mac problem.

That's good to know.

I may try using my Mac as the host.
However, I'm hesitant to change what I have working currently.

Kingfoot

I just revived my mac mini to work on some development stuff and it's running the latest macOS as client, with latest Win 10 as server. I get a ton of lag and the video streaming case definitely fixed the lag completely until the video ended. I don't have the capacity to run two k&m on this desk so this is quite inconvenient. Is this issue still being looked into?