Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Stop mouse from crossing when a mouse button is held

I often drag windows to the side in Windows 10 to arrange them to one side of my ultrawide screen. But after using Synergy, I always had to be really careful not to go over to the computer next to it, otherwise I have to redo the dragging.

It'd be nice to make the user approach the side of the screen twice to cross when a mouse button is held down.

Thanks

Edited by Darius Yang

Yes. It also makes scrolling by holding the scroll bar impossible now because the scroll bar is right next to the   edge of the left screen now!

• 1 month later...

So how would one drag and drop files then?

Make your request more specific, like disable mouse-spanning when moving windows, not "when mouse button is clicked".

Darius Yang

I use a PC and Mac. I do not drag and drop files.

It bothers me a lot before when I try to scroll up and down by holding my mouse left button, I often slide to the next PC and the scrolling stops. Also, when I drag a window in my PC on my right just to make the window snap to the left side of my screen, it goes back to where it came from as soon as I went over the border to my Mac.

Darius Yang
6 hours ago, DanBlake said:

Doesn't the Scroll Lock feature fulfill this by locking the keyboard & mouse to the current computer being controlled?

It does but it is NOT a seamless (symless) experience. Thanks!