Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Initial feedback beta4

Following installation of Beta4, here is some initial feedback (which may have been covered in other posts. I read as many as I had time for, but 13 pages of feedback is a lot)!

Running on MacBookPro and MacPro, both running El Capitan 10.11.6

Positives

• Initial install was straight forward but without any guidelines or instructions, it took some intuition and previous experience of Synergy to find my way around
  • Drag and drop functionality of screens in app was relatively easy to figure out, although some on screen instructions would have saved confusion (and avoid confusion for future new users)
  • Copy and paste between machines works as before

Improvement Requests

• App icon no longer appears in Mac menu bar.  Which makes it complex to start, stop or quit the app or to find settings (which I can still not fine (see below)).
  • There does not appear to be a UI to allow for customization and configuration of options
  • For example: It is unclear how to define which is the “server” and which is the secondary computer
  • Request that upgrade process (to Beta version as well as new releases) is more straightforward and within the application, rather than having to download new version from website each time, remove old version manually and configure new install.
  • Drag and drop of files does not work

At least you had mouse functionality - and you have copy/paste between machines working.  I get green boxes for both machines on both machines and that's where it stops - no other functionality at all and no way to even try and troubleshoot or configure anything. :(

6 minutes ago, HiltonT said:

At least you had mouse functionality - and you have copy/paste between machines working.  I get green boxes for both machines on both machines and that's where it stops - no other functionality at all and no way to even try and troubleshoot or configure anything. :(

I agree, I seem to have had a slightly better experience than many.  I did have to kill previous versions of Synergy and then restart both machines and then start Synergy beta manually and then drag and drop the two screens to the correct order.  But once I did that, I did get mouse function and cc and paste

5 hours ago, HiltonT said:

Same here (Windows 10 Pro and Home) i.e. green boxes.  I am resigned to waiting for the next Beta. Can't see the point of posting a log(s). I have read most.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 19/09/2017 at 7:13 PM, DaveB said:
  • App icon no longer appears in Mac menu bar.  Which makes it complex to start, stop or quit the app or to find settings (which I can still not fine (see below)).
  • There does not appear to be a UI to allow for customization and configuration of options

We plan on adding these ready for November.

• Request that upgrade process (to Beta version as well as new releases) is more straightforward and within the application, rather than having to download new version from website each time, remove old version manually and configure new install.
  • Drag and drop of files does not work

This should also be done for November, though some of the drag and drop bugs have been pushed back to Synergy 2.1.

• For example: It is unclear how to define which is the “server” and which is the secondary computer

This should be automatic, but it's a little buggy right now. We're going to fix the automatic detection first, before adding a manual mode.

Need a refund? [email protected]