Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issues with hotkeys on multiple systems

I have a PC Win 8.1 as host, and a Mac with macOS Sierra, have to press Win+L on the Mac (is actually Command + L) among other buttons, and have noticed that it will trigger a lock of my screen on Windows computer when in v1 it did not do this, and successfully forwarded those keys to the client computers, without triggering anything on the Windows host.

I wonder why this is happening in v2 when v1 had it so perfect. Saddens me that I may have to stop using the v2 until resolved.

On another note, in this current setup, also encountering issues where 2 single clicks are often being perceived on my Mac as a double click. Even when position of mouse has moved between clicks, over 100 pixels in distance, when normally something small like 3-5 pixels would be considered trying to double click with v1.

Extra information, it seems anything that is clicked with less than 500ms delay will be perceived as a double click, no matter how far you travel. Longest I have had this work for me was 500px distance, hard to travel further in that delay, even with mouse acceleration being used, so it is not reliant on range it seems but timing.

Another addendum, noticed that the syncing of screen savers does not function like it did in v1, where it would prevent it on the others when working on any of the connected systems. That would be a much appreciated add to v2.

When using Win + L and controlling my Mac, it locks my Windows user, and keeps the Windows key held, it does not release it when I come back to the window to click my user back on. I can press E and it opens explorer, and C for the control center in Win 8.1 is how I can tell. To add some more information about my first post in this thread.

Clipboard checking algorithm between macOS and Windows needs some work. Have to restart the Synergy on my host often because the clipboards become isolated, but control still works. Confirmed copied on both systems, and each is totally different contents and won't carry over system to system. Plain text is the only testing so far of this. Not tried with more advanced content like images.

macOS Sierra, v10.12.6 and Windows 8.1 is the configuration.

Log from 8.1, cannot get currently from macOS as it won't show the window, again, intermittently. https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-09-24/1273-2017-09-23T18-52-17.log