Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Chinese Translation

The Chinese translation of your website looks very strange. Unprofessional and misleading.

Also the translation of Synergy software UI is incomplete.

Do you need any help to perfect them?

Kelvin Tran
On 9/25/2017 at 1:33 AM, SupperDog said:

The Chinese translation of your website looks very strange. Unprofessional and misleading.

Also the translation of Synergy software UI is incomplete.

Do you need any help to perfect them?

Because of Synergy 2, whilst I think that more precise Chinese translation is not their goal, @Nick Bolton may provide a bit more insight as to whether they would like more help/assistance with translation features or not.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
4 hours ago, Kelvin Tran said:

precise Chinese translation is not their goal

It's not our primary goal, sure. We do want to have an excellent Chinese translation on our website, however.

This is actually quite surprising since Xinyu (@Jerry Hou), my senior developer, is actually Chinese... he seemed to think the Chinese translation was pretty good.

Maybe it's a region/dialect thing?

@SupperDog Where in China are you based? Xinyu is originally from Jilin province and has also lived in Beijing.

Hi, I'm in Shandong, China. It's not region thing, acturally it's something too professional to the translator. For example , MRI technicians which means people who operate MRI equipment, but his translation in Chinese means MRI's technicians (he thought MRI to be the name of an institution). The translation of Pricing button is also wrong. Moreover, he used some flowery rhetoric somewhere which is not easy to understand.

@Nick Bolton

Edited by SupperDog
2 minutes ago, Jerry Hou said:

@SupperDog
Thank you for the feedback!

There are definitely some places we can improve.

The translation of Pricing button is also wrong.

Do you mean the button "定价"?

I mean the button on homepage "检索级别". The link is pricing page, but "检索级别" is not easy to understand. Did you mean "价格级别"?

Guest Jerry Hou

The link is pricing page, but "检索级别" is not easy to understand. Did you mean "价格级别"?

Yeah, that's correct. I did wonder what that button was for when I first opened our Chinese website.

What do you think of "获取Synergy"? I think it's better to say "购买Synergy".

1 minute ago, Jerry Hou said:

The link is pricing page, but "检索级别" is not easy to understand. Did you mean "价格级别"?

Yeah, that's correct. I did wonder what that button was for when I first opened our Chinese website.

What do you think of "获取Synergy"? I think it's better to say "购买Synergy".

I think "获取" is fine, many other software company's website use "获取 something".

The other problems are,

The word "Seamless (无缝)" has not been translated.

"一个鼠标和键盘" I think it should be "一套鼠标和键盘".

"让您的电脑结合升华成为综合性的体验" is a little bit confusing.

On the Pricing page, "设立快捷键以在原始码之间切换", "原始码" seems to be a typo.

Guest Jerry Hou

"让您的电脑结合升华成为综合性的体验" is a translation for "Combine your computers into one cohesive experience".

My best try would be "合并您的多台电脑而形成一种连贯的体验"

> On the Pricing page, "设立快捷键以在原始码之间切换", "原始码" seems to be a typo.

The original English is "Set up key shortcuts to toggle between sources". I think it means that you can use shortcuts to switch between screens/machines.

I will double check with Nick.