Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Annoyed (Your recent spam)

Peter Whalley

Considering that I purchased the '1' pro version license with 'lifetime support' and was notified weeks later that the product was being dropped, why is it you think I would be interested in giving you additional money?

I need better assurances than I have so far to even consider it. The pressure tactics aren't helping. They only suggest desperate need of funding!

A commitment that I will get a conversion of my Synergy'1' Pro license to  '2 Pro' and continued 'lifetime' support at the same 'Pro' level - the same in terms of functional capability and features - not name, for an additional $15.00 I would consider. But none of that is in evidence.  

I liked the product and would consider using it again even with the perils of beta. However, since I have no Idea what MY investment in the product will yield - including time to dig out policy statements on beta license conversion to production and so on, probably not.

P

• Like 1
Kelvin Tran
On 9/27/2017 at 10:09 AM, Peter Whalley said:

Considering that I purchased the '1' pro version license with 'lifetime support' and was notified weeks later that the product was being dropped, why is it you think I would be interested in giving you additional money?

I need better assurances than I have so far to even consider it. The pressure tactics aren't helping. They only suggest desperate need of funding!

A commitment that I will get a conversion of my Synergy'1' Pro license to  '2 Pro' and continued 'lifetime' support at the same 'Pro' level - the same in terms of functional capability and features - not name, for an additional $15.00 I would consider. But none of that is in evidence.  

I liked the product and would consider using it again even with the perils of beta. However, since I have no Idea what MY investment in the product will yield - including time to dig out policy statements on beta license conversion to production and so on, probably not.

P

If you don't like it, [email protected]

It's that simple. @Nick Bolton has stated in previous posts that he intends to devise a system for those who bought the Synergy 1 license under the impression of "lifetime support". If the pressure tactics are helping, don't buy it! Don't come here and complain that you're not going to buy it, however. You are going to get a response similar to "don't buy it then". Symless is like a regular business; they're not going to bend something for one or even a group of people. They openly advertise their refunds email address because they want to ensure customer satisfaction and if they can't, then they will happily refund your money. Consider grabbing a refund and not worrying about Synergy. Or, if you'd like, stay with Synergy 1 and don't upgrade to Synergy 2. However, if you don't grab it for $15 (actually $19) now, you'll need to pay $49 later on if you're a new user (thanks for the correction, @Nick Bolton).

You do NOT have a beta license. That may be something I will create a global announcement for on this forum. By buying Synergy 2, you are NOT buying a beta license. You are buying a full Synergy 2 license that provides you access to beta software. So by those terms, there is no beta conversion to production license occurring here. From beta to production is like beta to beta. You just download the new file, install it to your system, and ta-da! 

Well, here's the issue with your statement of "I need better assurances than I have so far to even consider it. The pressure tactics aren't helping. They only suggest desperate need of funding!" is that this is beta software. As a result, they'll lose out on $15, but at the end of the day, you are buying Synergy 2 to support Symless. That is what they advertise. Your 3 main motivations for purchase of Synergy 2 is a sneak peek of what's coming, helping Symless (financially and through feedback), and getting a license valued at $49 for $15 along with early access privileges. If you don't want that, as I've mentioned multiple times in this post, do not buy it. In other words, what they are asking for is funding in return for a highly-discounted final license and a chance to take a sneak peek at the new version.

Nick has mentioned that SSL will be coming to Basic and several Basic features will be Pro-exclusive starting with Synergy 2. Symless makes absolutely no guarantee that the functionality of the respective editions will be consistent and exactly synonymous between the two releases. As a Pro user, you won't miss out on anything, and features won't be removed. However, Pro features will become available in "Basic" editions of Synergy starting with v2. 

Your investment in this program will give them valuable feedback if you choose to give it and give you a license discounted by ~$30. It will yield improvements in the development of the program you may start using soon, and it will yield financial savings in terms of a Synergy 2 investment. 

If you're not interested in giving Symless additional money, don't. That's the simplest way to put it. Or shall I say, symplest. No, just me laughing? Okay.

But in all seriousness, [email protected]. Nick and his team are looking for constant feedback and do indeed act on it, but not being interested is not their primary goal. Maybe @Nick Bolton will speak better for his team than I can, but that's just my take on your post. 

Edited by Kelvin Tran
  • Like 1
GranPaSmurf

Peter,

Just an opinion...If you are a fairly new Synergy user, don't jump right into the beta testing program. (even the completely bald still find hair to pull) You might want to 'buy in' to it for future financial consideration, but back out to the mature product and enjoy it. Learn all it can really do for you. There are active forum community support techs for you. Yes, it will be discontinued but obviously not this week, month, or maybe not this year. The version 2 will have to survive the beta program and become developed into a full-fledged stand-alone product for a while. Then the version 1 will probably just gradually not be supported or downloadable anymore, even at that future time, that doesn't mean your computer suddenly won't work. Take your time and learn about this exciting concept. Version 2 will be a great next step when you are ready.

• Like 1