Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0 Not working on MultiMonitor Desktop + Laptop setup

VoidWhisperer

Hello,

I'm trying to set up synergy 2.0 beta4 on using my Windows desktop that has 3 monitors (with what windows considers to be the main monitor being the middle one.), and a linux laptop.

After setting it up and following the troubleshooting to get linux atleast partially working, this is currently what happens:

If I hit F12 to make the windows desktop the master, it will attempt to make it the master, but if I try to go off the left side of my left-most monitor, it won't go over to the laptop.

If I hit F12 to make the linux laptop the master, it will briefly work and allow me to use the laptop trackpad to scroll from the laptop screen onto the windows desktop screens and back, and then abruptly will stop working with an error of being unable to write to the desktop.

Windows desktop log: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-09-30/2055-2017-09-30T17-41-05.log

Linux laptop log (On pastebin as I decided to edit out my last name.): https://pastebin.com/raw/5f24KVF7

Image from desktop client (name edited out). It looks the same on the linux one at this point. The two gray ones are machines that are not turned on right now.

f5427f59.png

VoidWhisperer

This was solved by disabling the windows firewall, which I hope won't be necessary in future versions because it makes it very hard t to use it securely on insecure networks.

jaap aarts
12 hours ago, VoidWhisperer said:

This was solved by disabling the windows firewall, which I hope won't be necessary in future versions because it makes it very hard t to use it securely on insecure networks.

no it wont, beta4 was accidentally released with the testing ports in place not the actual release ports they where planing on using. this should be fixed in beta 5.