Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1 "Lifetime Access" to Synergy 2

On 30/09/2017 at 5:49 PM, Kelvin Tran said:

As @jaap aarts mentioned, it will not be free for Synergy 1 users. Depending on whether you bought it when the "Lifetime access" was being advertised (and not "Lifetime access to Synergy 1"), you may get a discount for the Synergy 2 Pro license.

This is in direct opposition to what Nick said in this thread.

Kelvin Tran
7 minutes ago, Matt S said:

No, not really. See, he said that lifetime access will be honored for those who have it. It won't be free, but lifetime access will be honored. Let me go find another, more recent post, but it will be discounted, NOT free.

Kelvin Tran
On 9/28/2017 at 4:28 AM, Nick Bolton said:

One small correction: In the email, it actually says "In November 2017, it will be $49 for new users who haven't purchased Synergy before."

We haven't yet announced how we're transitioning non-early-access Synergy 1 users to Synergy 2. What I can say is that we will look after our lifetime access members. We will honor that commitment because we do care about them and we do recognize their support in the early days. What I can say, is that Synergy 2 won't be free for lifetime access customers in November (when Synergy 2 is first released), but there is a plan in place to handle this in early 2018.

If you're in a hurry to use Synergy 2, that's great! Go ahead and buy early access. If you're not, then thank you for being patient.

"What I can say, is that Synergy 2 won't be free for lifetime access customers in November"

It may be free in early 2018, but not right after production launches. We don't know what that plan is for early 2018.

@Matt S So no, this is not a contradiction. It will NOT be free at release.

Edited by Kelvin Tran
Just now, Kelvin Tran said:

"What I can say, is that Synergy 2 won't be free for lifetime access customers in November"

It may be free in early 2018, but not right after production launches. We don't know what that plan is for early 2018.

@Matt S So no, this is not a contradiction. It will NOT be free at release.

My point still stands, you just said, and I quote:

it will not be free for Synergy 1 users. Depending on whether you bought it when the "Lifetime access" was being advertised (and not "Lifetime access to Synergy 1"), you may get a discount for the Synergy 2 Pro license.

@Nick Bolton has said that the lifetime license for Synergy will be honoured for Synergy 2.

Starting to look like a cash grab again...

Kelvin Tran
Just now, Matt S said:

My point still stands, you just said, and I quote:

@Nick Bolton has said that the lifetime license for Synergy will be honoured for Synergy 2.

Starting to look like a cash grab again...

[email protected] if you have a problem with it being a "cash grab".

That quote that you just used says "... you may get a discount for the Synergy 2 Pro license" depending upon whether you bought it when Lifetime access was being advertised.

Moderation note - Being split into a new topic.

This is the exact quote

Don't worry, lifetime access will be honored for those who have it. It's only early access that you have to pay for. If you don't want to pay to use it now, then you'll have to wait.

Kelvin Tran
2 minutes ago, Matt S said:

This is the exact quote

Okay. Tell me when that quote was posted, and then go back to mine and I'll give you the link to that post - time kills. It really does. If yours was posted before mine was, there's a chance plans have changed. Rely on what's newest as long as the integrity has not worsened.

Edited by Kelvin Tran
1 minute ago, Kelvin Tran said:

Okay. Tell me when that quote was posted, and then go back to mine and I'll give you the link to that post - time kills. It really does. If yours was posted before mine was, there's a chance plans have changed.

I literally just linked it above...

Cash Grab

Note: This exact post is why I didn't buy Synergy2 at $5...

Edited by Matt S
Kelvin Tran
Just now, Matt S said:

I literally just linked it above...

Cash Grab

Yours was posted September 16th. Mine was posted just this past Thursday.

I don't care. You choose which you want to trust. If you wanna be optimistic, sure.

Yours was posted September 16th. Mine was posted just this past Thursday.

I don't care. You choose which you want to trust. If you wanna be optimistic, sure.

I don't want to be optimistic, I want to be told the truth, something which symless seem unable to do.

First it was for everyone who had 'Lifetime access' then it wasn't, then @Nick Bolton said lifetime meant lifetime, now you say it doesn't...

Kelvin Tran
3 minutes ago, Matt S said:

I don't want to be optimistic, I want to be told the truth, something which symless seem unable to do.

First it was for everyone who had 'Lifetime access' then it wasn't, then @Nick Bolton said lifetime meant lifetime, now you say it doesn't...

Well, perhaps, the truth will be unveiled with patience. I understand your concerns, I really do.

But, from what I'm seeing, you will have to wait until early 2018 in order for your concerns to be addressed directly by Symless. Their goal is to satisfy the majority before satisfying the admittedly very vocal minority. Your license might just be respected by the Symless team, but you'll have to wait to see it.

You can be proactive and buy the Synergy 2 early access to have it, or you can wait to see what Symless' plan for handling this is.

2 minutes ago, Kelvin Tran said:

Well, perhaps, the truth will be unveiled with patience. I understand your concerns, I really do.

But, from what I'm seeing, you will have to wait until early 2018 in order for your concerns to be addressed directly by Symless. Their goal is to satisfy the majority before satisfying the admittedly very vocal minority. Your license might just be respected by the Symless team, but you'll have to wait to see it.

You can be proactive and buy the Synergy 2 early access to have it, or you can wait to see what Symless' plan for handling this is.

No... This is wrong. You can work out what you're going to do and provide a united front. You should really honour the 'Lifetime access'

I would have bought it at $5 if I had been told you weren't going to offer the lifetime access. But was told you were going to...

Edited by Matt S
Kelvin Tran
Just now, Matt S said:

No... This is wrong. You can work out what you're going to do and provide a united front. You should really honour the 'Lifetime access'

"You".

Funny, because I never recalled that my badge said "Synergy Team".

I'm a moderator, sure. I have no control of what goes on in Symless' headquarters. The only thing I can do is provide you with what Nick has said and get @Nick Bolton involved in this.

"You".

Funny, because I never recalled that my badge said "Synergy Team".

I'm a moderator, sure. I have no control of what goes on in Symless' headquarters. The only thing I can do is provide you with what Nick has said and get @Nick Bolton involved in this.

A volunteer is still part of the team.

Kelvin Tran
Just now, Matt S said:

A volunteer is still part of the team.

I'm not a volunteer. I'm a member with elevated permissions.

I can pin, feature, hide, lock, etc., but don't misunderstand; I am not part of the team. I don't attend board meetings. I don't get a sneak peek at things no one else can. No other moderator does.

I can't make decisions; I'm here to help control these forums. I am not here to help develop Synergy. I am a user as much as you are and a staff member as much as you are.

jaap aarts
21 hours ago, Matt S said:

I would have hoped it was free for old pro users, but most of the word coming form symless seems to be that there will be a fee for upgrading, not a big one, but it will be there.

• Kelvin Tran unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 02/10/2017 at 6:42 PM, jaap aarts said:

I would have hoped it was free for old pro users, but most of the word coming form symless seems to be that there will be a fee for upgrading, not a big one, but it will be there.

Our pricing strategy is to charge for early access. We plan on extending this until early next year. For people who purchased with lifetime access, you will get a free upgrade in late Q1 next year.