Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Inability to Drag & Highlight text

Bilal Bin Saeed
Dear Authors, I'm an old user and a big fan of Synergy. Recently, I've been showing it to my friends and some of them have even started using it. However there is an issue with the software.. PCs which have Synergy installed are unable to "drag and select" text in any Winword & Wordpad. I started noticing this some time back but never thought its related to Synergy since in other applications the "drag and select" method was working fine. After trying it in a friend's computer who is an avid user of WinWord, he informed me that ever since I installed Synergy in his computer, he has been unable to select text. At that moment, he only had Synergy installed and it was connected to any client/server. Thereby I removed Synergy from his computer and right after the uninstallation finished, he was able to drag and select text like before. Please look into this as Synergy is a great piece of software and we want it to grow!
Ben Koenig
Hello! I am not sure I read everything correctly. Do you mean to say that Synergy was [b]not[/b] connected when drag and select stops working? A few very good question that will help us help you: - Which version of Windows are you using? I bet we can figure this out.
Kristine Bradley
I have a similar problem in Outlook 2013. I loose the ability to highlight, drag and select text. I'm running Synergy 1.7.3. If I stop Synergy and start again it starts working again.
Delos Wilbur
I think it's just a bug with Synergy as it also happens with 1.6.3. Stop the Synergy process and problem goes away. I had not realized it was only relevant with Microsoft products as the poster specified but that is mainly what I use so that would explain that. For time being I have just gone back to using two screens/keyboards/mice until there is a stable build which is annoying.
  • 3 weeks later...
Michael Bondanza
I am having the same issue, but it's not limited to just Outlook and text. I am unable to select and drag sliders within PhotoShop or LightRoom. This presents a severe problem for my workflow as a photographer and multitasking with the laptop exporting while processing on my desktop. I purchased Synergy to efficiently use one keyboard to increase productivity, however, this has me at a complete halt. Is there a fix in the works for this? synergy 1.7.3 Win 7 pro
  • 3 months later...
Matt McMillen
I started experiencing this problem as well. I found a couple threads on SuperUser indicating that Synergy could be run in "application/desktop mode" as opposed to "service mode" to resolve the problem, however there are no details as to how to do that. I'm not sure if that was an option in earlier Synergy versions, or if that is a Windows setting. http://superuser.com/questions/637793/m ... ter-typing I'm running version 1.7.4 on Windows 10 64bit.
  • 3 months later...
Diego Tercero
Hello, I also have this bug on MS Outlook 2013, MS Word 2013 on Windows 7. I noticed I can't select any text while Sinergy is running in the background. I have it running as a "server" on my main computer which is a 32-bit Win 7 (French). As soon as I bring the Synergy window to the front and hit the "Stop" button, texte selection starts working again. Any idead when this will be fixed? Regards. Diego T.