Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I paid $19 for beta access and now it's only $5?

yeah, I just brought it for $5 because I saw it was $15 before and it's cheaper now.

Still, it's not working at all, two computer can find each other but not doing anything, this is not some small bug I can live with, so I can understand you because I'm about to delete it, if I see it cheaper than $5 after two weeks I will very disappoint too.

Also, I kind of surprise, even it's beta and there are only two engineers, I think it's only reasonable if paid user can submit support tickets (I literally paid for nothing and there are no way I can contact them).

Nowadays there are lots of small group devs which only have 1~3 people, usually they'll accept email support and happy to help.

OtwayInfotech

I'll join the chorus - paid US$19, now I'm being emailed to buy for US$5... for a beta product that should really be alpha (starts and silently closes on Ubuntu, starts & sits unresponsive on Windows 10). Not great marketing for early adopters willing to help..............

Yeah perhaps it's a little contentious emailing users that have already paid, however also consider perhaps they would like to buy more licenses, $5 is a great opportunity to do so. Maybe that's where they're coming from? Or maybe they just don't care. Idk.

Personally I also try to look at a purchase like that as initially supporting the development of the product, and yeah a lot of people have grievances about it being a beta instead of alpha, but in my scenario, V2 is working way more smoothly than my V1 did. 
Perhaps now that it's built a "working" foundation, they are aiming to pull in more beta users, for more usage data/testing, and what better way to do so through a $5 price tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Another $15 buyer; I sighed/ignored the later e-mail about buying access for $5.. especially after not even being able to get it to work between macOS and Ubuntu. I also paid for v1, and that worked very well. I'm sure they'll get it together eventually :)

I paid $15. I thought it was worth at least $15. It took me a few restarts on two macs to get it working, but all seems well now. Not surprising considering it's a beta. I've been using Synergy 1 for a number of years, and it was rock solid. So if that's any indication, Nick and team will get things up to snuff in short order.

Happy to support a small company charging a reasonable amount of money for a super useful piece of software.

At least, that's why I'm not fussed about the extra $10! xD