Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Tutorial How to annoy your users.

1. Make them pay again for the "beta" of the program they paid before
2. Make a window to pop the name of the current pc and even after digging in the forums finding the hidden shortcuts. Reinstaling rebooting  and stuck at showing the to pc's but not thats all. The programs main goal is to share keyboard and a mouse between your computers is lacking. BUT atleast if i have the time and nerves to show a rectangle of the two ( or more ) pcs its all that i get for the additional 15$.
3. Revert to the previous version. That still had bugs but atleast it has the main feature of the program.

1. I personally think of it as a pre order, though I'm not arguing about the paid for already angle, my first thread was about just that.
  2. Literally called a beta, it's going to be buggy. It's a beta in the truest sense, not in the recent "Hey look its prim and polished but might change" sense which has recently been popping up over the past few years. Bugs will happen but the point is it's being worked on, and this type of application isn't inherently easy to get right quick when each end user has a unique setup.
  3. It is what it is, not arguing.

That said, you come off as just trying to make people mad which likely won't happen. You should try to keep your cool and talk constructively if you actually want to be heard, otherwise you're more likely to just be ignored.

Edited by KairuByte

Well i agree its a beta but its RC4 that means that the Windows <-> Linux must be tested at some point in RC1, RC2, RC3.

And especially when you send a promotional mails  that it will work more easy etc.

GranPaSmurf

Hang in there beta testers. you 'bought in' to the beta testing program to support the continued development of Synergy 2. When it's a product, you have some financial consideration. If it's not working for you at the beta 4 release level, you can, as I did, step back to a stable level like 1.8. We are still in the beta program and can give beta 5 a whirl. Won't that be fun?!  If you really are ready to throw up your hands and ask for a refund, 

[email protected]

will accommodate you promptly.

• Like 1

Hi @KringleKrebs ,

its not about a refund :)

I expect from a beta a working with bugs version not a mockup version ( from my experience ).

Its not a Alpha 1 or 10 where i can connect at all its a beta 4, dont know if you plan to have 120RC versions. In that case its ok for the installation on to PC just "wave" one to another :D

Just to clarify i love synergy in general :)