Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot connect 2 computers, one on domain, other not on domain

I have installed Synergy 2 (had to restart both computers before i could install) on a desktop and laptop.  They are both up and running with Synergy 2, the desktop is part of my work's domain, the laptop is not part of the windows domain.  Since the desktop is on the domain, i cannot change it's firewall settings.  In the Synergy 2 screen that is presented on my desktop, both the desktop and the laptop are shown (each with their own square) and both are filled in green (I assume this indicates they can be seen by the computer you are on).  On the laptop there are 2 boxes for the two computers but only the laptop box is filled in green, the desktop is filled in grey.  The desktop is supposed to be the server so i used F12 to force it to be server but it does not change the indicator on the laptop and they still don't connect.  I can add rules to my firewall on my desktop but i cannot turn it off, is there any specific setting i could add to maybe get these 2 computers to see each other?

synergy laptop image.png

synergy desktop image.png

Ok, I got the 2 computers talking to each other after adding a firewall rule to the computer on the domain to allow port 24810 inbound from any and doing a series of restarts of the Synergy services and apps on the 2 computers.  This does expose one issue that existed in the release version of Synergy (1.8) with loosing the ability to click in the client but i will post that in another thread.

• 3 weeks later...