Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0 Beta

Hi,

I recently paid and signed up for the Synergy 2 Beta. Download and installation went fine after I installed the relevant dependencies however upon starting Synergy, after I logged in through my Symless account, all I am getting is just a screen as shown attached with my machines name on it. I want to know if this is just because of the Beta version or am I doing something wrong here? I want to know so that I can revert back to the previous functional version and continue to use it for my day to day use. I can come back to the beta once it is functional. If not, am I doing something wrong? Let me know.

I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Windows 10 however I have not attempted to test it on my Windows machine yet. Both machines I installed the beta on are 16.04 LTS. I used dpkg to install the package that I downloaded upon which time it told me of dependencies which I cleared using 'apt-get -f install'.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ali.

Screenshot from 2017-10-12 11-13-50.png

Same. I was ONCE able to „connect” two machines, but afterwards they still seemed separate. What s funny, no option window is available, and stuff. Just what u see. And after that initial „set up”I wasnt able to repeat what I did. The machnies see each other, but when I click there s no reaction. I can just move them around. 

At this point I have gone ahead and followed the troubleshooting guide for the beta release posted on the forum's but it did not help so I have switched back to 1.8 for now. Waiting to hear back from someone regarding this.

JimmyCognos

Hi

Not sure if it's a reliable hash of a fix but I have found that Synergy 2 works only when I uninstall and reinstall. Even then, it doesn't always work the first time!

Can see they have simplified the console given their attempt to automate everything but think they have a way to go yet...

My current workflow requires that I uninstall/reinstall at the beginning of each day. Once done it works a treat.

SOmehow I was able to reestablish control, after a reinstall and ever since, all works. Yet. Across Windows 10 and a Mac. But as we get no controls or options to configue, must be a matter of time before it all crashes down again xD

Edited by Qoureno
JimmyCognos

Glad it's working for you more consistently than for me as it took two reinstall attempts this morning.

On the surface - syncing mouse control over heterogenous OS's seems simple. I expect, in reality, there are a lot of edge case scenarios to factor into account. Any one could cause the sync to fail. The Beta upgrade cost something like £3 here in the UK with access to the Pro version once released. Happy to put up with the inconvenience for now.

Just hope that these Beta versions are sending data back to them so they can understand the underlying issues...

That s what I am hoping as well, especially as somehow the 1.8 version does not work with my Mac. The systems somehow block themselves, if not through 2.0 beta4. Even though I havent blocked either. Might be mistaken, but as the beta works, I doubt it s because of that. They just cannot connect, Windows says the Mac is not recognized, and gets blocked. Once in a while the Synergy crashes after the connection is established. 

I have a lifetime deal, but cannot use it. Havent been able for a year or so, somehow. The beta works. So I am happy. 

Edited by Qoureno
JimmyCognos

Hi Maara.

Well, hopefully, Symless are monitoring these forums and relaying our issues back to Engineering.

Would be good to see an official response by them tho...

Best,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested beta5 on my Debian systems. Its working flawlessly from what I can see so far. Will continue to use and post any issues back. My appreciation and congratulations goes out to everyone on the Symless team. Thank you for replying and posting it here Nick!