Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 loses ability to click in client (same as Synergy 1.8)

6 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Close but not quite. In S1 there was no way to get clicks on the client to work (regardless of focus state of apps on server) w/o the CRTL+ALT+DEL workaround. In S2, as long as a server app (Chrome, etc) is *not* in focus (ie, click on Windows desktop wallpaper), clicks work fine on client. 

Where the issues overlap is the fact that in S2 when an app is in focus on the server after a server reboot, clicks will not work on the client until the workaround above is executed, or the S2 GUI is opened on the server (the latter of which seems to reload Synergy's profiles, judging by the client debug console).

Edited by atwixtor
clarification
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

S1 runs the core in a slightly different way, so that’s probably the cause. We’re looking into this, but it’s a difficult problem so may not be solved until 2.2 (mid 2018).

Well that is a big bummer. It’s the whole reason I switched to S2! My guess is all those angry people on the S1 thread will be extra angry when S2 releases :/

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Yes, unfortunately doing something that satisfies the majority will almost always upset the minority.

I feel this is much better (but harder) than satisfying the minority while doing nothing for the majority.

However, don’t forget that we will fix this bug eventually! Please bear in mind that we have higher priorities to tackle first.

Thanks for your patience!