Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Beta not working on Mac OS High Sierra and Windows 7

Log Links:

Hello, all. I'm having issues with the new beta. Synergy 1 works between my Macbook pro running Mac OS High Sierra and my Windows machine running Windows 7. However, after installing the Synergy 2 beta, all that happens is Synergy on my Windows machine shows a black box with a green bar cycling repeatedly across the screen. On my Mac, I simply see a black box with the name of my computer in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've signed in and everything without success.

I disabled my firewall and followed the troubleshooting steps in the guide without success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both machines as well.

One other thing: I notice something in the log file for my Mac that wasn't there before. 

Synergy seems frozen on the "requesting profile snapshot", and, when I move the computer box around, I get the following: 

[ Config ] [2017-10-12T18:04:14] ERROR: Reply status code: 400

[ Config ] [2017-10-12T18:04:14] ERROR: Reply error message: Invalid JSON request: bad numeric conversion: negative overflow

Okay, I'm not the only one. I was trying to figure out what I was missing, but nothing happens with High Sierra and a Windows 10 computer on the same network side by side. 

18 minutes ago, KringleKrebs said:

I have so little experience with MAC I hesitate to answer. But is the Windows Firewall fully opened up? NOT disabled, but with the permissions and port opened?

https://symless.com/forums/topic/4208-how-to-use-with-windows-firewall/#comment-17610

https://symless.com/forums/topic/4208-how-to-use-with-windows-firewall/

That certainly looks to have made things work a bit better on my Windows machine, but my Mac still hangs at the "Requesting Profile Snapshot" step and gives the "Invalid JSON Request..." error when I move the computer box around. I'm wondering if maybe there is some kind of port issue or something on the Mac, but I don't know enough about opening ports to fix it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nick,

Already tried running the new beta. It pulls up fine on my Windows machine, but my Mac says "There was a problem connecting to the background service. Retry..."

I've retried and restarted to no avail. :(

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Please try beta5:

Forgot to mention I even followed the instructions for completely uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Here is what I get in the logs:

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:06] DEBUG: install dir: /Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:06] INFO: log filename: /Users/ehsa42/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:07] DEBUG: connecting to background service

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:07] DEBUG: new added screen pos: 257 161

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:08] error: rpc connect failed: connect: Connection refused

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:11] DEBUG: current version is update to date

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:12] debug: rpc keep alive failed

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:17] debug: rpc keep alive failed

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:22] debug: rpc keep alive failed

[ Config ] [2017-11-02T19:09:27] debug: rpc keep alive failed

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
10 hours ago, ehsa42 said:

There was a problem connecting to the background service. Retry

Good news. A fix for this will be available later today.