Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client in startup loop

I'm trying to look at the logs in the client, but it keeps scrolling and the font is really tiny on my laptop.  Something about failed to connect.  From what I think I saw, the client is trying to connect to the server and connection refused.  My laptop has multiple interfaces, some from VirtualBox.  Looks like it is trying to use one of those and failing.  I don't see any config window to set the primary interface.

BTW, I am trying to get the logs, but the constant scrolling is preventing that.

Greg

Edited by ggee

OK, a little update.  Looks like the two PCs see each other.  I can move the little screens in the window.  But one is green and the other is grey with a progress green bar that just keeps going.

Well, managed to figure it out.  The firewall rules looked ok, but what I hadn't noticed or didn't need to until now was that the Network Type for my laptop was set to 'Public'.  Once I changed my network to 'Home Network', the icon for the PC turned green.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-7/how-to-change-a-network-type-in-windows-7/

• jaap aarts pinned this topic
  • jaap aarts unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...