Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Continued payment authourisation?

I figured the 15$ cost to gain access to Beta 2 was worth a punt for an existing Synergy pro user and went as far as the Paypal confirmation page, however the wording indicates that going ahead with a paypal payment will give Symless pre-approved access to any future charges they wish to charge? WTH? Really?

By clicking Agree and Continue I confirm that I want to use Visa x-xxxx for my current and future purchases with Symless. I authorise Symless to charge my PayPal account for such purchases and I instruct PayPal to pay such amounts. I understand this lets me check out faster by not having to log in to PayPal to complete my purchase. I understand that if I have a PayPal balance, that balance will be used first and that if my preferred funding source has expired or been declined, PayPal will charge my backup funding source. I can change my preferred funding source or cancel this authorisation at any time in my PayPal Account. The payments will be treated by PayPal as pre-approved payments as specified in the PayPal User Agreement.

Is this something new with Paypal? Something I've always missed when checking out? Or something specific to this Symless deal that has been setup?

Either way, Sorry - not something I'm prepared to setup on my account.

Jono

Hmmmm,

Gotta admit I didn't notice that.

I just checked my paypal account and it does show up as an authorisation.

It's easy to cancel the authorisation, which I've done but  I'd be interested to know the intention of doing that from Nick's point of view?

I did raise this with Symless support and it seems to be an error on their part:-

Thanks for writing in.

This is actually a mistake made from our PayPal payment processor. But although you see permission box, you will not be charged for any future payments. However if you are not comfortable with this, you can send the payment directly to [email protected] and once this is done, please reply and provide us with the following information:

-Name
-Email Address
-Synergy License (Basic or Pro)
-PayPal transaction ID
-Screenshot of your PayPal payment

Once you provide this information, we will then activate your Synergy 2.

Thanks,
Joe

Jon

"Be quick and get exclusive early access to Synergy 2 for only $15."

Conversion from: $15.51 USD Conversion to: £11.31 GBP Exchange rate: 0.729254597497999

why was I charged an extra 51 cents to convert to GBP on a sale quoted in USD ?

the auto renew was set at $14.99 which I canceled.

• 3 weeks later...