Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0.0 beta4 comes up to nearly blank screen in Windows 10

In Windows 10 version 1511 and version1607 Synergy 2.0.0 beta4 comes up to a screen that has the computer name in the upper section of the window in a white bar. The lower section of the window is blue and in the middle is a grey box with half the computer name in it. You can move the box around but that is all that happens.

There are no options to do anything. The software is completely useless. See screenshot

I tried first installing over Synergy 1.8. When this issue came up I uninstalled completely and reinstalled Synergy 2.0.0 beta4 with no fix

Operating Systems

Windows 10 version 1511 and version1607

Synergy Version

2.0.0 beta4

Steps to reproduce bug

1. Hit windows key
  2. Select Synergy

Other info

• When did the problem start to occur? When I installed 2.0.0 beta4
  • Is there a way to work around it? No
  • Does this bug prevent you from using Synergy entirely? Yes

Please follow the link below to send us logs from both your server and client sides if it's appropriate. https://github.com/symless/synergy/wiki/Sending-logs
That link you have listed here goes to a 404. thanks

Put anything else you can think of here.
Screenshot

31404320-f2e12af2-adb8-11e7-9e22-b8d1afcc9742.jpg

This is normal. You haven't finished the process of setting up your app.

Install the same version on another PC on the same network and you should see the machine appear in that window where you only see COTNPD.

If you don't see another machine, then you are having firewall issues. Use this thread to triage that:

Edited by Ilya
GranPaSmurf

Thanks for stepping up Ilya! Duleigh is your issue resolved? I would have sent you to Ilya's post to start troubleshooting.

• 3 weeks later...