Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

CentOS 7 + Windows 7

Aber an easy install on CentOS (downloading the rpm + yum install), starting synergy2 via terminal and confirming the account after being redirected to the login page. It seems that my CentOS session can not connect to my Windows 7 session?

Is this a known limitation?

GranPaSmurf

Speaking only for myself, I never heard of CentOS until opening your post. A little research has me interested. But as to your issue, it looks like CentOS is, at its base, a Linux distro. 

Unfortunately, beta 4 just doesn't like Linux distros. Beyond Nick's early troubleshooting comments:

https://symless.com/synergy-2-beta4-troubleshooting

and skimming the forum for the few power-users that have made it work for them, there's just not much to offer except to wait for beta 5. It should drop in the next couple of weeks.

The lack of operability on Linux was a big disappoint for beta 4 and the promise is that whole layers of code had to be removed/rewritten to correct it. Meantime, many of us, Linux users, have dropped back to the more stable version 1. That means, of course, we still have a financial consideration when the finalized version 2.0 comes to the marketplace.

If you completely throw up your hands and ask for a refund,  [email protected] is prompt to accommodate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a try and it seems beta 5 doesn't include the synergy2 executiblle? With beta 4 I could start it simply by executing synergy2 but with beta 5 all I have is synergy-core, synergy-config and synergy-deamon

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
35 minutes ago, stuart macmillan said:

In Windows synergy-config.exe runs when you open synergy2.

Actually, we renamed synergy2 to synergy-config (since all this program does is configure, it doesn't run the core or anything).