Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Bug, keyboard commands mixed.

I use 1.7.3 basic version of Synergy. Server is Win 7, client is Win 8. For awhile software works fine, but then at some point it will start mixing my keyboard commands. I can't write some letters, and while I push like letter "t" it might minimize some game or something else really weird. Sometimes it mixex keyboard like when I push letter "1" my computer opens google chrome, and when I push letter "2" computer opens some game etc. It's like I can't even use ctrl + shift + esc to open task manager. I have to restart computers to get synergy working fine again. I tried repair option and everything already. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this issue? I can't really even use synergy at the moment because of this.
While I was typing last post the issue occurred once again. When I pushed letter "a" it did submit post to forums. Everything went crazy, couldn't really do anything, so had to reboot computer. Synergy is behind this because both my computers does this. I guess I've to uninstall software since this does harm my computer usage so much. Please, if someone have tips how to fix this - tell it asap! Thanks!
I have no solution, but I can confirm this problem. For me it occurred only once a few days ago with version 1.7.2 pro. After I disconnected my Synergy Client, the Keyboard on the Synergy server (Win8.1) went crazy. I'm not sure. But maybe the problem is related to the modifier keys (Ctrl, Alt, ...). I did not investigate the problem properly but reset my PC quite fast. As an example: If I pressed just 'e' an explorer window opened. As if the windows-key was always pressed. (I'm not sure about this specific example... it was similar to this).
Yes. I had to uninstall software for now. I am waiting fix for this bug or someone to solve problem. Thanks for answer K70! I didin't actually understand its the windows-key bug, but yeh you are right, it explains everything.
New information: It might not be synergy at all. I tried to start up Hearthstone, windows asked administrator permission to do so as usually, but after it my keyboard didin't respond like at all, but I found out it was like alt was on all the time. So like when I pushed ctrl + del it went to place where I normally get while pushing ctrl + alt + del. This could be some Razer driver problem and it takes effect on both computers since they are connected with synergy.
Ben Koenig
Alt was on all the time? That sounds exactly like what all the Source engine games do to me. Even without Synergy games like Team Fortress and Counter Strike will stick on the ALT key if you alt-tab between applications. Anyway, alt-tab problems in games are pretty common now. I'm going to see if this gets worse while Synergy is running. Synergy is not to blame for another App's mistakes, but it would be nice to have a database of known conflicts. Thanks for troubleshooting this!
I deleted Razer Synapse 2.0, for 2 days I've had no problems. I am now downloading synergy and starting testing, I will comment here if problem wasn't Razer Synapse 2.0.
Noah Shreve
Hey folks, I had a somewhat similar problem this past week when I switched from ShareMouse to Synergy (the free trial ran out haha.) I do recording and I work in a DAW called REAPER. After installing Synergy, CTRL/ALT/SHIFT + any mouse action quit working, acting as if I were not holding any modifier keys. Oddly enough, all the modifier + keystroke actions still worked, I could CTRL+S to save, +O to open and so on. Quitting Synergy was not enough to fix the problem, after booting in safe mode to find everything working like it should, I had to uninstall Synergy to return things to normal. Pretty disappointing considering I rely on my laptop for a browser to save memory while mixing, but this seems like a recent problem so hopefully it's addressed soon! n_sweep
Vladimir Andrenkov
I was experiencing this and some other similar issues with 1.7.3 and had to uninstall it temporary. Did anybody try to go back to the previous build to check if the issue is present in it as well?