Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 Beta not at all functional

I've read the troubleshooting guides and got Synergy working for a few minutes, it keeps crashing on my Mac and I can't get the Synergy window to come back, even after force quitting the services. Synergy 2 really isn't good enough to be called a "Beta". If you have to turn off your Windows firewall to make it work, then it is not ready for beta testing.

My setup:

Server: Windows 10 1703

Synergy_v2.0.0-beta4_b987-042356d4

Client: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Synergy_v2.0.0-beta4_b894-042356d4

A few notes:

MacOS Sierra:

1. Still doesn't work with Microsoft RDP client (Meta keys don't work, not even shift key)
  2. Windows key in Parallels client doesn't work

Windows:

1. Doesn't automatically release mouse input from VM (if you click in a full screen VM, you can move your mouse to the next computer, but mouse clicks won't work)
  2. No hot keys to switch to other computer

I am still using the following setup so I can avoid having to deal with the above bugs (excluding the hot keys, which are great in Synergy 1!):

PC: 1.7.5 (synergy-v1.7.5-stable-fa85a24-Windows-x64)

Mac: 1.8.5 stable

The Microsoft RDP issue has been around for ages, and no one seems interested in fixing it.

I would like to keep using Synergy 1 so I can at least do my work, but I can't even register it any more!

I really don't understand the reasoning behind hiding all menu or configuration options. It is harder to configure when there is no configuration!

• 2 weeks later...