Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.8.8 Server Fails To Launch After Applying Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Launching Synergy Basic 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 using either the "Start" button within the Synergy application or by starting the Synergy service results in the following error being reported every three seconds after installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709, build 16299:

"ERROR: ipc connection error, connection refused"

This is on the computer that acts as the Synergy server.

Have tried reinstalling Synergy and disabling AV and firewall protection.

Sure enough, rolling the update back and returning to Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703, build 15063 immediately cures the problem and Synergy server once again starts running normally.

Time to move over to ShareMouse?

In the end, I sought assistance from the Synergy Team directly regarding this issue.

They suggested installing Synergy 1.9rc3 and I can confirm that this version works correctly with Windows 10 Creators Update version 1709, build 16299.

As I'm about to install 1709 on my Windows PC running Synergy 1.8.8, how do I go about getting this updated version of Synergy that is compatible with 1709?

Thanks

The download links to the release candidate of Synergy 1.9 that works with Windows 10 1709 can be found here:

https://symless.com/forums/topic/2587-download-synergy-19-rc3-fixes-the-macos-wifi-lag-bug/

The issue I reported only affects Synergy machines that are running as the Synergy server. Synergy 1.8.8 works find on Windows 10 version 1709 if operating as a keyboard-less Synergy client.

• 2 weeks later...