Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy server and clients randomly stop

Paul J Solomon
I have a problem with Synergy (I have the latest version, 1.7.3 for both client and server). This started happening in 1.7.2. I will connect and it works fine for a few hours. I go away from my computers (I have screensavers disabled, so the systems are not going asleep, or going into screensaver mode). When I come back almost always, one of the other (server or client) is usually stopped. There appears to be no debugging messages/errors in the console of either machine. It is just in a stopped state. When I restart it on the end that stops, it works normally. Versions prior to 1.7.2 did not do this, ever. How do I debug this problem? I am running Ubuntu 14.04 (server) and Mac 10.10.3 on a brand new Macbook Pro 13" Retina (client) Edited by Guest
Paul J Solomon
It just happened again, but while I was at my desk (to the client side). Here are the log messages: [quote]WARNING: cursor may not be visible NOTE: connected to server INFO: entering screen INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be v isible INFO: entering screen INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: entering screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: entering screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: entering screen INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible INFO: entering screen INFO: leaving screen WARNING: cursor may not be visible[/quote] The server side log just says that the client (my laptop) disconnected.
Paul J Solomon
More information... When I switch to a wired connection, the problem goes away. It appears that maybe Synergy is squeamish about intermittent wireless problems. My wireless here never disconnects me, but maybe the slowness is causing Synergy to disconnect and enter a "stopped" state". Is this something that changed recently? The problems seem to be: 1) client is disconnecting, and not outputting any type of error message. 2) the client enters a stopped state and never reconnects 3) i have seen the server do this as well