Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Single Mac, Single Linux three screen setup achievable?

Matthew LeBourgeois
Hi all, I recently switched my desktop layout a bit and am having issues setting up synergy exactly how I want. I have a mac laptop running 10.10.3 and Ubuntu running 14.04. I plug a monitor into each but keep my laptop screen open. Ideally, the laptop would sit directly under and in the middle of the two monitors (see attachment desired.png). However, when I tell synergy [1] that the linux screen is on the right and configure the screen layout for the two screens in OSX as shown in desired.png, synergy only transitions between the two virtual screen when passing over the right most edge of the laptop screen. It will not transition to the linux box from the right most edge of the external display plugged into the mac. I can get around this issue by configuring my mac screen layout as indicated in (livable.png) and indicating that the linux screen is only next to 0-55% of the mac screen, but then I have to move my laptop into this position or I can't ever find the mouse when transitioning between mac screens. Am I missing something? Is there some way to achieve the desired effect? Super bonus points would be if I could actually mouse up out of the right half of the top of the mac screen and wind up in the linux screen, but I'll take just being able to configure the screens as in desired.png and mouse out the right side of the external mac monitor. It seems this would be possible with my current configuration if synergy just treated the right edges of both mac screens as "transitionable." Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers, Matt [1] I still run synergy from the command line, I'm currently using 1.7.2: macBox; /Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergys --version synergys 1.7.2, protocol version 1.5 Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Synergy Si Ltd. Copyright (C) 2008-2014 Nick Bolton Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Chris Schoeneman linuxBox; /usr/bin/synergyc --version synergyc 1.7.2, protocol version 1.5 Copyright (C) 2012-2014 Synergy Si Ltd. Copyright (C) 2008-2014 Nick Bolton Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Chris Schoeneman synergyc: a server address or name is required Try `synergyc --help' for more information. Here's my full configuration: section: screens linuxBox: super = alt alt = super macBox: end section: links linuxBox: left = macBox(0,55) macBox: right(0,55) = linuxBox end section: options switchCorners = all switchCornerSize = 10 end
Ben Koenig
I think that what you are trying to do is very similar to the person over here [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=455[/url] The solution might be some sort of wacky text based configuration. Looks like he almost has it figured out so checking out his config might help.