Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ubuntu 17.10 - mouse not going to client - SOLVED

I was having a problem whereby the mouse would not move from the Synergy Server to the Synergy Client, but I was able to fix it, so wanted to post here in case it might help someone else.

My setup is the server on on the right, and the client is on the left.  My server's Dock is also on the left.  When I would move the mouse left to get to client, the Dock would pop up, but I wasn't able to transition to the client monitor.  I tried going to the host computer's Settings/Dock, and changed the setting from "Position on screen" from "Left" to "Right", and this fixed the problem.  The Dock has moved from the left edge to the right edge of the server's monitor, but that doesn't matter to me.

Marc-André Gasser

Just in case for those who still  can't  connect with clients to synergy server on Ubuntu 17.10 (and find this post while googling...)

you have to make an exception in Ubuntu's firewall:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 24800 -j ACCEPT

I also ran into this problem but in a different way. My client is on the right and server on the left. And when I had a terminal window hugging the right side of the screen, any portion, not just the entire edge, that portion touching the terminal would not allow me to move over to the client. It seems to only be related to terminal windows, but there may be others as I don't know what about that is preventing movement.