Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Side scrolling (touchpad) on ubuntu client

dannyking
Hi all, I've got an OSX server with a trackpad and Ubuntu client. It'd be [b]great[/b] if I could get side scrolling working on the ubuntu client. Vertical scrolling works great, but two finger scrolling left/right doesn't do anything. The ubuntu client is a laptop and has its own trackpad, and side scrolling works fine there, so I think that synergy isn't registering two finger side scrolling on the OSX trackpad as a scroll event. Any tips? Thanks! Danny
Ben Koenig
Hi Danny, This came up in forum post [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=330&p=947&hilit=ubuntu+scroll#p947[/url] The solution seems to be to remap the events that aren't working. In your case the event for side scrolling is different from Mac to Ubuntu (probably just a different number). If Synergy can't remap the event then I'm sure it can be done in either Ubuntu or Mac for the same effect. If you need any help with button mapping I can dig up some info.
dannyking
Thanks for your help Ben. It looks like in my case the Ubuntu client registers side scroll left & right as scroll up and down respectively Using xev on Ubuntu tracking the trackpad from the OSX server over synergy: scroll up = button 4 scroll down = button 5 scroll left = button 4 scroll right = button 5 Using the built-in trackpad on the Ubuntu laptop it reports: scroll up = 4 down = 5 left = 7 right = 6 So I need to map left & right to 7 & 6 however synergy seems to be reporting to the Ubuntu client that all scrolls are up and down regardless of the direction, so I can't remap the keys on Ubuntu - I think? I've googled around trying to work out how to get Synergy to remap scrolling events using synergy.conf - do you have any hints around this? Thanks again!
Ben Koenig
I'm not sure if Synergy can do that. But you can always check the documentation over in the wiki. [url]http://synergy-project.org/wiki/User[/url] Details on how to configure advanced options from the config file are in there.