Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Latest Bata not working on Mac 10.10.6

I'm on OS 10.10.6 and I've installed v2.0.0-beta5_b10 and it's not working at all. The previous version worked (most of the time) but with this one all 3 computers give a 'There was a problem connecting to background server, Retry' Message.

Edited by dogeatdogg

After I manually uninstalled all the previous services and prefs and reinstalled synergy it worked again. I had to do this on all three computers. Maybe include an uninstaller of old components so you don't have to do it manually? Just a thought.

Thanks Nick. 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
19 hours ago, dogeatdogg said:

Maybe include an uninstaller

Yeah, I think we do need this.

So I've been using this version for 2 weeks now and I'm having serious problems. First off, when I quit a program or resize an application window on the second computer Synergy loses connection. It sometimes reconnects but when it doesn't the real problems start. I'm trying to quit and restart Synergy when the connection is lost, which used to work on v1, but now it's impossible to quit the app. Force quit won't stop it from running either. And after that's going on I can't restart or turn off my Mac at all without having to Hold the On/Off button and shutting it down. This behavior stops once I uninstall Synergy.

Ugh. Used to work so well and now it's really messing things up. Please let me know what info to send to you 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, dogeatdogg said:

It sometimes reconnects but when it doesn't the real problems start.

We're releasing a fix for that tomorrow, stay tuned!