Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Scroll direction: windows 10 <> MacOS (w/ autohotkey)

jimmychinga

I did a search before making this thread but i couldn't really find anything to help my specific issue. I am switching between windows 10 and macOS. Having spent most of my time using Mac computers I have become very used to the scroll direction used (scroll up to go down, with a smartphone.)\

When I started using windows 10 (only for gaming) I spent a while trying to find a way to invert the scrolling and the best method I came up with was an auto hotkey script. 

Now using Symless, (which I absolutely love) I find that it overrides any change in macOS preferences regarding scroll direction, and automatically matches it to the windows default (which, when using the windows 10 system, is scripted to change direction).

I hope this makes sense. I dont remember havign this problem with version 1. but after writing all this iv come to realise that I was using version 1 with only mac systems so this was never a problem for me.

jimmychinga

update to this issue. I have come to the conclusion that its an input problem. I also cannot change the modifier keys in Mac system preferences. When i make changes they work for the keyboard thats direction plugged into the mac, but the changes dont follow over to the keyboard thats plugged into the PC but controlling the mac. 

An easy fix for this would be to plug the keyboard and mouse into the mac and have them control the PC through symless. But because the PC is used for gaming I want to have the least amount of input lag with the PC as possible.

On 31/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, jimmychinga said:

I did a search before making this thread but i couldn't really find anything to help my specific issue. I am switching between windows 10 and macOS. Having spent most of my time using Mac computers I have become very used to the scroll direction used (scroll up to go down, with a smartphone.)\

When I started using windows 10 (only for gaming) I spent a while trying to find a way to invert the scrolling and the best method I came up with was an auto hotkey script. 

Now using Symless, (which I absolutely love) I find that it overrides any change in macOS preferences regarding scroll direction, and automatically matches it to the windows default (which, when using the windows 10 system, is scripted to change direction).

I hope this makes sense. I dont remember havign this problem with version 1. but after writing all this iv come to realise that I was using version 1 with only mac systems so this was never a problem for me.

I can't test this but Windows 10 has a setting to reverse the scrolling, Settings -> Devices -> Mouse & trackpad -> Reverse scroll direction.

For anyone interested, I had a similar issue using my trackpad from Mac to Mac, because the client sees it as a mouse, the horizontal scrolling was reversed, the free app "Scroll Reverser" fixed this and it's nice because you can tell it to only reverse vertical and/or horizontal for trackpad, mouse, and/or tablet.