Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to remove machine from Synergy Desktop App

Joseph Little

I updated to Synergy 2 Beta 5 (Win 10 version) and I now am able connect my work computer to laptop.  (GREAT!) I hard firewall issues with Beta 4 and turning off firewall is not an option!

I have 3 questions:

1. When I remove a machine it still stays (Greyed out) on the Synergy Desktop app. How do I remove this machine altogether? 

2. Text cut and paste works but file cut and paste does not.

3. I have 3 monitors on my work machine in a L shape (2 up, 1 down), when I add my laptop in to make a 2 up, 2 down grid of monitors there does not appear to be a way to configure Synergy to do this. The 3 monitors appear to function as a single monitor and I can not get the mouse to enter the laptop screen in a natural way. Will this feature be added in the future?

Thank you!

I love this product!

Joseph

Edited by Joseph Little
Kelvin Tran

Why are you trying to remove the machine?

Is it purely for troubleshooting purposes or are you trying to eliminate it from your "Synergy-based network"?

For me its because one of my PCs is listed twice... Once as PC SOME NUMBER HERE and then once more as "name of the pc"... And one of those isnt even connecting right...

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
22 minutes ago, FireFrenzy said:

that was in rc1, it wasn't a problem in 1.8.8

Ah, I see now. We're adding a feature in 2.1 that'll fix this. It's due early next year.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
5 hours ago, VooPoc said:

How do I go about removing it?

This feature is coming soon to 2.1.

• Like 1

Same here, my computer is listed twice and there is nothing I can do to remove it.

Also I find it very hard to change any settings after installing the app on my 2 Macs, there seems to be a distinct lack of any menu's  O.o

Kelvin Tran
8 hours ago, UmbraMalum said:

Same here, my computer is listed twice and there is nothing I can do to remove it.

Also I find it very hard to change any settings after installing the app on my 2 Macs, there seems to be a distinct lack of any menu's  O.o

Synergy 2.0, as @Nick Bolton, has mentioned on multiple occasions, is meant to be mostly, if not fully, autonomous, hence the implementation of what we call the "Synergy cloud". There will be additional administrative features coming in Synergy 2.1, the beta for which will be coming out in January and the final version for which will be coming out March or April. 

Settings, tray icon, etc. are planned features of Synergy 2.1. Like Nick asked, I too wonder what settings you are trying to change. For most people, Synergy 2 sets up an encrypted, tunneled connection between two or more systems quite fine on its own. The more "tinkery" stuff will be coming in v2.1. 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
7 minutes ago, Kelvin Tran said:

The more "tinkery" stuff will be coming in v2.1. 

Yup, and I need to make sure we put the right settings in :)

Sorry for not being clear earlier 9_9 

I would like todo the following things in Synergy 2.0:

1. Remove double entries en old clients.

2. Rename clients.

3. Change between server/client mode without having to reinstall.

On the whole though Synergy 2 seems to be working well so far, good work !!

I will wait for the next version, no big deal.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

1 & 2 are coming soon, in 2.1. But, you can actually do 3 already! Right click a computer to share.

• Like 1