Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

RC1 on Mac OS X El Capitan / Ubuntu 16.04 - installed and running

Went through full uninstall from instructions on both machines, rebooted, installed, and was running instantly...  It seems like the same responsiveness I was getting with beta 4.  I will start using it, and let you know if I run into any stability issues.  Good work.

Personally this seems like even better responsiveness than Beta 4 and 5 to me. But I did not really have issues with Beta 4 and 5 myself, other than intermittent clipboard issues not syncing across systems.

Beta 4 took like 2 minutes to link up, Beta 5, about 30 seconds. RC1 took all of under 10 seconds and it was all communicating properly. Awesome progress @Nick Bolton!!

Kelvin Tran
1 hour ago, mzirino said:

Went through full uninstall from instructions on both machines, rebooted, installed, and was running instantly...  It seems like the same responsiveness I was getting with beta 4.  I will start using it, and let you know if I run into any stability issues.  Good work.

Could you provide us with some more information? Perhaps a video of beta4/beta5 in comparison to RC1? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Kelvin Tran said:

Could you provide us with some more information? Perhaps a video of beta4/beta5 in comparison to RC1? Thanks.

Primary change is it is no longer F12 that toggles the server, you right click or control click on Mac, the screen in question and can make it the server. So you can remotely make another computer the server in this RC1 version. That is the primary difference I have noticed in the all of 10 minutes using it so far.

Edit: Mind you I am using macOS High Sierra, v10.13.1 and Windows 8.1 for my setup, with a Windows 7 Pro in there that I will remote into and disable the service when not needed, since I have other means to control it, but sometimes it is nice to be able to avoid using them as they slow down the processing of heavy workloads unlike Synergy 2 (1 used to stutter under heavier loads, not noticed with 2 at all).

Edited by Onoitsu2
1 hour ago, Kelvin Tran said:

I think that would require 6 installations.  Please contact me if you're willing to pay for that work.

Edited by mzirino
Kelvin Tran
1 minute ago, mzirino said:

I think that would require 6 installations.  Please contact me if you're willing to pay for that work.

6 installations? Yeah, no.

I meant as in two separate shots; one with beta4 or beta5 (not and) and using it and the other with rc1. You'd only need to swap out the Synergy versions of which you already have on the same setup.

However, until you can show us the performance degradation, there is no way we can help you based on sluggishness alone.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, Onoitsu2 said:

That is the primary difference I have noticed in the all of 10 minutes using it so far.

Yeah, it's the only enhancement we made. Everything else was a bug fix :)

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
4 hours ago, Kelvin Tran said:

However, until you can show us the performance degradation, there is no way we can help you based on sluggishness alone.

@mzirino Were you complaining of sluggishness? Let me know if you're experiencing any performance issues :)

Kelvin Tran
5 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

@mzirino Were you complaining of sluggishness? Let me know if you're experiencing any performance issues :)

I think he was, as he stated the performance was similar.to beta4.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Just now, Kelvin Tran said:

I think he was, as he stated the performance was similar.to beta4.

Some people, surprisingly, said beta4 had better performance than beta5. But, it sounds like RC1 is better than both which is good.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Some people, surprisingly, said beta4 had better performance than beta5. But, it sounds like RC1 is better than both which is good.

Ok, actually I got excellent performance with beta 4 - once it connected it was really reliable and fast.  Not sure yet if RC1 is as reliable.

Marco

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, mzirino said:

Not sure yet if RC1 is as reliable.

Let us know when you decide.