Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergyd.exe memory leak (1.8.8)

This process leaks memory at the rate of about 750MB/day for me. After a week of uptime my system idles at ~8GB memory usage. The amount of memory its using doesn't show up in task manager. I found the issue by looking at the paged pool in process explorer. Killing the process every other day is an annoying solution. Any better ones?

Kelvin Tran

Synergy 1, unfortunately, is no longer in active development. Note that Synergy 1 will still be worked on, but from what I've understood from Symless, they don't plan to work on it any longer.

Synergy 2 is on the verge of coming out as a final release and if you would like to buy a discounted early access so that you can try to see if synergyd continues to memory leak, go here: https://symless.com/synergy/early-access

Note that you can pay $19 there, and not only will you get early access, you will also get the full license to the final version of Synergy 2 Pro for free. That is an option if you'd like to consider it. If it persists on Synergy 2, post about it in the corresponding forum subtopic.

Kelvin Tran
2 minutes ago, CJRhoades said:

I was under the impression that my purchase of a synergy pro license included free updates forever. Is that no longer the case?

When did you buy your license?

@Nick Bolton's plan is still quite ambiguous to me. I don't quite understand, to be honest, how he's gonna handle license transfers from Synergy 1 to Synergy 2. Best clarify with him before I suggest anything potentially wasteful with your funds.

I believe he's gonna give you all a discount if you bought it when that was advertised, but I have no idea. Again, best to let him clarify here.

About 5 months ago. I'm pretty sure one of the features listed were free lifetime updates but it's not like I have a screenshot to confirm that or anything. 

Just now, Kelvin Tran said:

It was. When did you buy your license? That's why I asked.

5 months ago, like I said. I checked my email and the exact purchase date was 6/4/17.