Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Sound drop out

Gordon Freeman
I am using a synergy server and a single client on windows boxes. The client (and possibly the server as I have not tested it) side sound drops out for a brief period. Heres what the steps I take to recreate this. 1. On the client pc, I start audio playing to a usb audio device. 2. During its playback, I move my mouse to across the screen to the server desktop. 3. As I pass from one to the other screen, the audio on the client pc drops out for a brief period of time. Maybe a 1/3 of second. 4. Once this event happens, I am then freely able to switch between the 2 screens without further sound interruption, as that sound continues to play. It will reset when that audio file is done, and once I start another audio file, it will happen again 100% of the time. I am playing a 50 second audio file who's audio triggers a sound operated switch. When I pass from on screen to the other is when the sounds drops out. If the somehow audio was added to the playback such as a system sound, it would not drop out the sound operated switch. Any ideas on stopping this problem? Thanks.
Gordon Freeman
I have discovered if I click on a different window and loose focus to another app, then the problem does not occur.