Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy and Everquest (MMO)

Troy Christensen
I have started playing Everquest (a massive multiplayer online game) and I notice that it uses the mouse behavior on both screens -- wheel mouse, clicking, and often even the mouse movements. I am dual boxing which means I run two versions of the game simultaneously. Its awkward at best trying to control the two games when the mouse mimicks on both screens. Is there a setting that will give whatever screen I click on full and autonomous control? Is there a way to control the mouse better in both applications? Thanks. Troy
When you're in EQ, does the "scroll lock" action help at all? It will stop synergy from moving from one computer to the other temporarily. Good for FPSs too.
Troy Christensen
Nope. Even with it toggled, I can move the perspective/camera on the other screen. I am thinking it may be the fault of the game because I don't notice it on other applications. It can be challenging to control both screens when the mouse buttons react on both, no matter where the cursor is. I was hoping there was some configuration that may help?
I understand dual boxing, and EQ, but I'm not entirely sure I understand the issue. I haven't dual boxed myself. Would setting up a hotkey in synergy to switch back and forth rather than using the mouse movement do what you want? Anyone else have ideas? :)