Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Lock to screen when running full screen program

Hello Synergists !

One thing that tickles me since using Synergy (1 and now 2) is the fact that when using a fullscreen software on a computer, Synergy doesn't prevent transitions between computer which causes loss of focus.
This is particularly disturbing with games where cursor is masked and view is bound to relative movemements (shooters, simulators ...).

Have you roadmapped a possiblity of preventing transitions when a particular software if focused or maybe juste when a full-screen software is focused ?

Regards.

• Like 1
jaap aarts
1 hour ago, sholan said:

@CapnJoe Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess this topic can be closed.

haha that isnt a thing,

we'll just leave it for other people who have the same question.

What would be great though is if synergy could remember what apps I like to use scroll lock with. and an indication of the 'locked screen' status in the 'tray' icon (when that arrives) since a lot of keyboards do not have visual indicator for that key or even a way from that icon to enable/disable this feature sunce as the user above noted its not easily discoverable otherwise.

aristizabal95

Feel a little dumb about asking, but how do I scroll lock inside the windows client with a mac keyboard? have been trying a few function keys but with no luck.

Even though there is some funcitonality prior to synergy that can solve this problem, I believe synergy should also add an option that is consistent on all platforms. Synergy 1 had this option and you could even map a key to this functionality.

Edited by aristizabal95
Add some opinions about the possibility of adding a feature to achieve this topic's problem
aristizabal95

Okay, I've read further and found out this scroll lock functionality is from synergy itself and not some workaround to the problem (how dumb am I haha). Still, the fact that this button does not exist on Mac (Since scroll lock is dependent on the app in foreground and not on the OS) it makes it basically impossible to lock a screen when using a mac as a server (And yes, I've tried all sorts of key combinations I found on the web to simulate scroll lock). This is a problem for me as I can't run fullscreen apps on my windows client without being able to lock the screen.