Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can I use a Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse?

coastalcraig

Dear Sirs or Madams,

Today I installed version 2.  I have a Pro license.  I have a Mac and Windows 7 computer.  Both computers are connected by Ethernet to the network.  The connection keeps disconnecting.  What advice can you give me?  Would version 1 work better for me?

image.png.17d3a163959cc09844ad4f197d10eba1.png

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

coastalcraig

Dear Sirs or Madams,

I have never used this software before.  Today I installed version 2.  I have a Pro license.  I have a Mac and Windows 7 computer.  Both computers are connected by Ethernet to the network. 

I have 4 monitors.  They are assembled together 2 high and 2 wide making a square.  I have dedicated the upper left monitor to my Mac Mini.  The remaining 3 Windows monitors are assembled in this fashion:

image.png.bb92f11a5cb6b4bfe071baebfd6f79a6.png

I could not find any settings for me to orient the monitors in the Synergy app so that I can natually drag my mouse from Mac to Windows in their natural geographic locations.  For example I would like to be able to drag my mouse right from my Mac to have it move to monitor 1.  By extension I would like to be able to drag my mouse upward from monitor 2 to my Mac.  This was not happening for me.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

coastalcraig

Dear Sirs or Madams,

I have never used this software before.  I purchased the Pro version.  I installed version 2 on my Mac and Windows 7 computers.

I would prefer to utilize my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.  So far it seems that it doesn't work.

What advice can you give me?

Thanks in advance!

Kelvin Tran

@coastalcraig I have merged all 3 of your concerns together into one post.

Forum users, note that these are 3 separate concerns. You may address them however you would like to, whether all in one post or in multiple posts.

GranPaSmurf

CoastalCraig, I'm using RC2 very successfully today. My server is the leftmost screen running Win10, the right is Kubuntu 17.04 and the top screen is Win7(32) notice RC2 supports the position where the active side spans portions of the lower screens. On the server, I use an older G510 Logitec gaming keyboard. It works great on every connected machine.

Synergy RC2.jpeg

coastalcraig

Hi KringleKrebs,

How is it that your monitors appear stacked?  I don't see any settings to arrange them like that.

Since I have multiple monitors can I orient the 3 Windows 7 monitors so that my mouse will drag naturally between them - and then on to the Mac?

In the latest version that I downloaded yesterday, where can I see the "Server" and "Client" settings?

Considering the season I appreciate you taking out time from the elves and all :)

Thanks!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, coastalcraig said:

How is it that your monitors appear stacked?

It's because he has 3 separate computers. Right now Synergy 2 sees all of your computers as 1 big screen. We're fixing this in 2.2/2.3 so that it shows monitors as individual elements.