Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

RC2 doesn't work, early release forum closed?

So besides the fact that RC2 doesn't work (claims no internet access) you've closed the early access forums saying they are for final release only? Read this screenshot:

final-release-only.png

Better yet, I quote from this message:

If you are still using a release candidate or a beta version (ex. Synergy 2 beta5), please refer to the Early Release forums in order to submit your question.

Um... this message was posted in that forum, which you have locked. Fumble much? ;-) 

Edited by Jo Rhett
add quotation
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hey everyone, this issue is now fixed. Sorry for the downtime. If you're still having issues, please email us ([email protected]). You'll be glad to know that we're starting work on 2.1 now, which will have an offline mode. Also, the online mode will be far less reliant on the cloud. Only the bare minimum (activation and IP address exchange) will go through the cloud servers.

Kelvin Tran

@Nick Bolton and the Synergy team has locked the early release forums because by now, everyone should be on the final release. I believe the updater has forced all RC users off onto the final release.

That's my mistake. That was posted when the Early Release forums were still open, and some changes were made to the post that I was not made aware of. I will get that squared away later. Thanks for notifying me of that, though, @Jo Rhett.

• Like 1

Yeah. I had gone to get the latest RC, when I tried to download got RC2 on both nodes. Couldn't get them up, came to the forum and found it was locked with this message. Roughly an hour later the final builds showed up (which I only found because your staff said to download again)

FWIW, a link to download with an explicit version listed would help people understand when an update is available.