Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Blank config screen

Well, I had a topic in the beta opened, but they closed that. So I now have re-installed on linux (4th time) and it still doesn’t work.

Log for Win 10 64-bit machine hre : https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-11-08/8907-2017-11-08T17-05-56.log

Synergy on Linux (Mint) machine is just a blank synergy screen - no interacting, including right clicking for log. 

Feel a bit high and dry as I was trying to help get this to work when in the beta stage.

Do we still have to restart services and open firewall, etc. to maybe get it to work?

linux: (windows will be a sec)image.png.c12998715d523a03436136e9f3a9262a.png

windows initially: image.png.9a8dbb115dd7e458f3bb1a6435b5499b.png

then after clicking retry: 

image.png.fac66ca32156d0a97a35df6db3c500f6.png

then it reverts back to the first screen.

Edited by Jamison_

S2 isn't really working for me right now and have spent so much time tinkering that it's being counter productive so I temporarily switched to ShareMouse (it shares the keyboard too tbc). I'll be on the lookout for future updates because I still believe in this products direction.

5 minutes ago, #Jp said:

S2 isn't really working for me right now and have spent so much time tinkering that it's being counter productive so I temporarily switched to ShareMouse (it shares the keyboard too tbc). I'll be on the lookout for future updates because I still believe in this products direction.

I checked it out - looks like no linux support on ShareMouse. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jamison_ said:

I checked it out - looks like no linux support on ShareMouse. 

Ah yes. Sorry I really didn't check for linux as I am working with a mac and pc. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Mine just intermittently doesnt connect, all the computers are visible but nothing happens, they try and log in but then nothing relevant happens...

Have rolled back to 1.8.8 until i guess 2.1 or something happens involving a supposed fix

2 hours ago, FireFrenzy said:

Have rolled back to 1.8.8 until i guess 2.1 or something happens involving a supposed fix

Wish I could, can't find anywhere to download the earlier "legacy" version...

2 hours ago, FireFrenzy said:

Mine just intermittently doesnt connect, all the computers are visible but nothing happens, they try and log in but then nothing relevant happens...

Are you trying  between Linux and Windows?

20 hours ago, Jamison_ said:

linux: (windows will be a sec)image.png.c12998715d523a03436136e9f3a9262a.png

windows initially: image.png.9a8dbb115dd7e458f3bb1a6435b5499b.png

then after clicking retry: 

image.png.fac66ca32156d0a97a35df6db3c500f6.png

then it reverts back to the first screen.

I had the same issue, when I clicked on the "Retry" I randomly clicked on the server screen also if there was nothing in the screen and it connected but it was intermittent .

My "server" is windows 10 and the client Linux RHEL 7.3, in any case I reverted back to version 1 and asked for a refund.

I also do not like the auto settings by connecting to their cloud and the fact that they do not have 32 bit versions also.

I hope to see these issues gone in a few months and have to option to set it up manually with no internet needed and also see the 32 bit versions.

Edited by d34dpuull
50 minutes ago, d34dpuull said:

I had the same issue, when I clicked on the "Retry" I randomly clicked on the server screen also if there was nothing in the screen and it connected but it was intermittent .

My "server" is windows 10 and the client Linux RHEL 7.3, in any case I reverted back to version 1 and asked for a refund.

I also do not like the auto settings by connecting to their cloud and the fact that they do not have 32 bit versions also.

I hope to see these issues gone in a few months and have to option to set it up manually with no internet needed and also see the 32 bit versions.

Agreed, offline usage is a key feature IMO.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic