Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - Login failed! Session IP address mismatch

MasterYoshigR

MasterYoshigR

This keeps happening to me on my Personal and Company Networks. Which is due to both of these networks are on Multi Wan Routers with load balancing running. So at any point we could get different ips for each connection made from a computer. Anyone have a solution for this.

That's quite an unusual setup, and can/will break rather a lot of things - tracking session consistency by source IP is fairly standard.

Most home connections only change IP when you reconnect (and only because most home ISPs use dynamic IPs, even it appears with v6.. sigh..), so typically that's not an issue.

Load balancing multiple upstreams with different IP ranges that your connection could come from is generally considered bad practice, except when one is active and one is standby.

However, if what you have is an outbound NAT pool of multiple IPs, then things can be done on the firewall to pin destinations or more commonly sources to specific IPs. It rather depends on what firewalls you're using.

IMO this goes /far/ beyond the scope of these support forums, though depending on the situation I /may/ be able to assist.

jaap aarts

nope, I don't think we can help you with that. 

except telling you to use a single router with multiple access points (and different networks, possibly).

contact symless at [email protected] to make sure they know.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:21 PM, EqUaTe said:

Load balancing multiple upstreams with different IP ranges that your connection could come from is generally considered bad practice, except when one is active and one is standby.

you mean anything can break at any time? seems like something I would do, just because.

synergy-logo.png

Login failed! Session IP address mismatch

Just installed Synergy 2 and am getting this error when trying to run the program... Only 1 external IP address from both computers.

update: I can log into 1 computer not the other.... Kinda strange you need to have the redirect back to Symless web page for the program to work... I don't have time for this right now so back to synergy 1.

I have the same problem, we have a modem, router, AP device, which connects to my pc, but also to our Wireless Access point, that my laptop uses, so I am connected to 2 different network names, used to work in the beta though, very weird. Basically 2 devices on 2 network devices working. But since the stable build it doesn't work anymore

Have the same problem...

DHCP company network, both computers (mac & win) are connected via lan cable to the network...

tried to install it on the windows 10 pro machine --> session ip mismatch, reinstalled it & it worked...

on the mac 10.12 always the same problem. can not connect via session ip mismatch...

i use chrome on both computers. is there an easy solution, or should i just use synergy 1 until this problem is resolved?

Exactly the same issue here. Pointless.

Tried troubleshooting for 1/2 an hour, but that is honestly too much for a KVM solution that I am trying to use professionally.

Rolling back to Synergy 1, may ask for my money back on 2.

I regret buying Synergy 2, seems like the focus is on verifying that each instance is paid for vs plain old usability. I also paid for Synergy 1 a few years ago because it was useful and easy to implement. I'm back on Synergy 1 now and likely won't be trying 2 again for quite a while. I recommend Synergy to co-workers but certainly can't recommend Synergy 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two Windows 7 computers - both connected fine with version one - one connects fine with 2 - other gives this message.  Done a complete reinstall of 2 per post on the forum.  Regretting paying for 2 - even at the discount.  Going back to version 1 for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Any update on this fix? I keep getting it when I login. Single router configuration, with a single Internet line.

Edited by Roland

Worked around mine by disabling my browser's proxy. This is still an absurd problem to have, it is not reasonable to expect to be able to identify a PC by IP address in this day and age. Consider authentication for synergy 2 by some means other than oauth. Alternately, maybe strip out this pointless DRM that serves only to inconvenience your paying customers?

Viacheslav Dobromyslov

Installed Google Chrome instead of Opera and made it as a default browser. Then closed everything, started Synergy and logged in with Google Chrome. It said that session expired.

Then I closed everything and tried again and it worked for me then.

• 1 month later...
  • Nick Bolton changed the title to Synergy 2 - Login failed! Session IP address mismatch