Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

SYNERGY 2.0.1 does not open on MAC 10.13.1

Hello Guys i need your help i dowloaded the synergy 2.0.1 and does not open it crashed before showing any sign of life. can you please guide me how to open it or from where i can download again the 2.0

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 9.11.25 AM.png

• Like 1

After investigation, it's might just be an uncaught exception of a mount point related to Time Machine...My crash reports for synergy-config contain the following line:

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::filesystem::filesystem_error: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/Volumes/Backups"

This folder is immutable by anything, apparently. Anyway, Synergy seems to work when I'm not at home, where my backup volume is nowhere to be found and "/Volumes/Backups" is not mounted. I didn't try turning off my Time Machine Backup at home because I had a backup going at the time, but I would suggest that. Then, make sure the volume is unmounted and the folder is gone. You'll have to use ls -a in a terminal.

• Like 1

@osxdude Weird, because I have never used time machine ever since I bought my macbook. I also tried unmounting the volume as the guys at Synergy instructed me to using the terminal app, but it also didn't work.
I tried uninstalling apps like Duet Display - nothing. Though I wonder if there are other incompatibilities between Synergy 2 and other applications.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
bluevulpine

First time attempting to run Synergy 2 and I'm getting this same permission denied issue against the Volumes/Backups folder. Why is Synergy 2 trying to manipulate the backups folder in the first place?

Cancelled the in-progress backup, ran fine after that.

• Like 1
Geoff Myers

I have the exact same problem. Unfortunately, Symless support was not able to fix the problem, so they issued me a full refund for Synergy. It's too bad, since I was really looking forward to using this app.