Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 - libqt5core5a version >= 5.5.0

So I wanted to install Synergy 2 on my Ubuntu 14.04 box today, and I can't seem to do that because 14.04 only installs libqt5core5a up to version 5.2.1. I couldn't find any sort of PPA for the newer version, and I tried building it from source, but I can't seem to figure out how to get synergy to look at the source one instead. Anybody have any way to get around this? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Since I can't post in the linked ticket, I'll post here.
In the linked ticket there was a mention that this would be fixed in the stable release.

I tried installing synergy_2.0.4.stable_b1205+fcb59be4_amd64.deb on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I get the same error.
Any progress on when this will be fixed?

GranPaSmurf

Just another data point> I realize I'm talking about a whole different beast, but Ver. 2.xx has run great on my Kubuntu 17.10, (and 17.04 before). Currently Version 2.04.

13 hours ago, GranPaSmurf said:

Just another data point> I realize I'm talking about a whole different beast, but Ver. 2.xx has run great on my Kubuntu 17.10, (and 17.04 before). Currently Version 2.04.

Same here, on my Ubuntu 16.04 it installs without a problem as that one comes with libqt5core5a 5.5.1.
Searching around I can't seem to find a way to install libqt5core5a 5.5.1 on my 14.04. (apart from building from source)
I opened a ticket customer support ticket, let's see what they say.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 9:13 AM, TheFreak said:

Same here, on my Ubuntu 16.04 it installs without a problem as that one comes with libqt5core5a 5.5.1.
Searching around I can't seem to find a way to install libqt5core5a 5.5.1 on my 14.04. (apart from building from source)
I opened a ticket customer support ticket, let's see what they say.

I have the same issue as you had. Any progress or updates?

26 minutes ago, lucky6qi said:

I have the same issue as you had. Any progress or updates?

Yes, I opened a customer support ticket:
Question:
Synergy 2.0.4 does not install on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
It has a dependency on libqt5core5a >= 5.5.0 but Trusty only gets up to 5.2.1.

Answer:
"We'll be adding support for this Linux distro in Synergy 2.1 which is due Q2 2018."

yeah I can still use the old one just fine, but I paid extra for version 2 even though I already owned 1, and I still can't use it. It's just frustrating

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 26/01/2018 at 4:46 PM, SenPi said:

I'd really like to use this program I already paid for please 

For now, you can either wait or take a refund and use Synergy 1. Please contact us for a refund: https://symless.com/contact

• Nick Bolton locked this topic